Halo: The Master Chief Collection's Latest Known Issues Detailed Ahead Of Halo 3 PC Release
Microsoft announces some of the issues it's working on for the Xbox One and PC game.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection keeps chugging along with expansive new updates and added features, and also some lingering issues. Developer 343 Industries has updated its list of Known Issues for the game to let people know what what the studio is working on and what to expect in terms of when fixes may be delivered.
First and foremost, however, 343 mentioned that its current No. 1 priority currently is working to get Halo 3 (and the rest of the games) out the door on PC through The Master Chief Collection. That being said, 343 is concurrently working on fixing various issues and responding to feedback.
The items on the Known Issues list aren't being treated at the same rate due to scope. Some issues might be addressed with speed, while others might take longer. With those caveats out of the way, the current list of Known Issue for MCC as of June 30 includes things like general performance on Xbox One and issues with the pistol bullet spread for Halo: Combat Evolved.
Additionally, players have reported audio issues for Halo Reach, and these should be implemented in the game alongside the release of Halo 3 on PC. There have also been reports about problems with mouse input, and 343 said it doesn't have a fix currently but is looking into the matter.
Another issue is related to hit registration. 343 said it has been looking into this for weeks now, and the studio will continue to investigate a fix. However, the studio said fans should not expect an update soon.
You can see the full list of known issues below, featuring developer commentary written by 343.
Halo MCC Known Issues (June 29, 2020):
- Audio Issues: Most reported issues for Reach should be fixed in the next update with Halo 3’s release, if the changes are positively received, this will be removed from the list in the next blog
- Mouse Input: This is an area of the game that we will continue to monitor and improve upon where we can. If you are encountering issues with this, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
- Idle Stops matchmaking: This is still on our list but nothing new to share on this one as we try to tackle higher priority issues.
- Achievement Issues & Support Tickets: We have continued to fix bugs around reported achievement issues. If there are achievements that you are still encountering issues with specifically, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
- Hit Registration: We started an initial investigation a few weeks back... While this is not one of our top issues coming into our support ticket system, it has been a long-standing complaint from many in the community so it is being added to the list. We will continue to investigate, share our findings with you, and hopefully be able to flight some potential changes in the near future.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.