Halo: The Master Chief Collection Gets Big Patch Alongside Halo 2 PC Launch
The debut of the remastered Halo 2 on PC came alongside patch notes with lots of bug fixes and more.
The classic Halo 2 has now joined the sweeping Master Chief Collection on PC, and it's available as part of Game Pass on PC for subscribers. Of course any big update also packs in a lot of other smaller changes, and 343 has issued patch notes across PC and Xbox One for the MCC as a whole.
The marquee features include a Spartan customization 3D model viewer for Halo 2, a theater for Halo 2 and Reach to let you watch recorded game footage, and the addition of weekly campaign challenges. But those big features come alongside a host of other changes, including fixes to Combat Evolved on both PC and Xbox One, and fixes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 on Xbox One.
The patch notes end with a message that the studio is still working on additional fixes for the future, including one regarding the audio for Halo: Reach and more updates for Combat Evolved Anniversary. 343 has already shared some known issues that are likely to be targets of future patches as well. Another update has been issued post-patch, causing some more issues, and 343 urged patience.
The Master Chief Collection first launched for Xbox One in 2014. 343 has continued to support it as a hub for all things Halo, and used it to bring some Halo games to PC for the first time. You can check out the full patch notes below.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection 5/12/20 Patch Notes
Halo 2: Anniversary Now Available on PC
Today, Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary joins Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC) on PC and is available for download. To learn more about how you can get in on the action, click HERE. A breakdown of the new features, update size, and bug fixes can be found below:
- New spartan customization 3D model viewer for Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary.
- Theater for Halo 2: Anniversary and Halo: Reach.
- Weekly Campaign Challenges (Full KBA).
Game Install Size and Version
Please see the information below to ensure you have proper disk space to install each title from your desired store platform as well as are on the latest update.
- The latest version of the game is 1.520.0.0, to find the version number (Full KBA).
- To update your game if you are not on the latest version (Full KBA).
Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
- 75GB install size.
- MCC Bundle Owners: A 41.5GB update with Halo: Reach, H:CEA, and H2:A being about 73GB installed.
- MCC will receive a 24.37GB update with the full install being 99.4GB.
Resolved Community Issues
Improvements have been across the board from previous flights. Below are additional resolved issues that come with today’s update and the platform (Xbox Only, PC Only, or All Platforms):
Global (PC Only)
- Resolved issues installing the Extended Language Pack
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (All Platforms)
- Several instances of UE4 errors when playing Multiplayer
- Magnum Pistol spread increased when playing at higher than 30fps
- Terminals stopped being interactable during continuous campaign sessions
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (PC Only)
- Some Campaign Steam Achievements were not unlocking correctly for mission completion, par time, and score
Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary (All Platforms)
- Crash before reaching the last area in Delta Halo
- Resolved cutscene audio being distorted when continuing to the next campaign mission in Classic graphics
- Resolved corrupted textures in the tunnels on Outskirts
- Loading screens now appropriately fade out before loading into games
- Elite armor now displays lights appropriately in multiplayer
- Dynamic light casts proper shadows in Halo 2
- The "Action" key now functions appropriately when bound to "Mouse Wheel Up/Down"
- Corrupt textures on Lockdown have been resolved
- Looping audio when activating the waterfall on Shrine is resolved
- Ghosts explosion sounds are now present in Anniversary Multiplayer
Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary (PC Only)
- Team colors are now appropriately displayed in all in-game UI menus
- Players can now bind fire secondary and any vehicle function to the same key
- Gameplay audio levels now mirror other titles more closely
- Resolved throwing grenade, zoom, and zoom in actions taking priority while dual-wielding instead of firing your secondary when mapped to the same key
- Leaves now render appropriately when using NVIDIA hardware
- Emblems now appear on scoreboards in Halo 2 multiplayer gameplay
- When using crosshair centered it no longer alters positioning when zooming in with binoculars
- Universal medals now display appropriately and do not show double medals for Halo 2: Anniversary
- When firing while dual-wielding it is no longer inverted unless set appropriately
- With the rocket launcher equipped and conducting the idle animation audio plays correctly when the barrel spins
- On Bloodline, the electric charge audio for the EMP is now playing correctly
- Mouse movement is no longer slower with Unlimited frame rate enabled
- Muzzle flash appear correctly on weapon barrels after swapping between Anniversary and Classic graphics
Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary (Xbox Only)
- Playlist progression is now awarded correctly to co-op players
- Sentinel Beam VFX now appear correctly when switching between weapons
- Sword equip SFX now play appropriately
- Infected players now appropriately display having a shield bar when shields are set to Normal in Custom Games
- Forge UI now appropriately displays "Start New Round" when selecting to begin a new round
- Kill medals now appropriately display in-game alongside killing spree medals
Halo 3 (Xbox Only)
- Performance improvements for players experiencing framerate drops in gameplay
Halo 4 (Xbox Only)
- The Mantis missile charge was missing its VFX
There are many bug fixes such as Halo: Reach Audio, more fixes for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and features that the team is continuing to work on. To get more info on active Reach and MCC issues and their current status, please refer to our MCC Development Update for April.
Halo Infinite News & Announcements
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org