Halo: Reach Release Date On Xbox One Game Pass And PC Confirmed
This is it, Chief--the Halo prequel arrives in December on Xbox One and PC.
X019, Microsoft's big event outlining the future of Xbox games, had several noteworthy announcements, and while Halo Infinite was not discussed, there was some news for fans of the franchise. A treat is on the way before year's end, because Halo: Reach is coming to Xbox Game Pass next month, rounding out the Master Chief Collection. It'll be available on December 3 this year for Xbox One and PC (through Steam as well).
Halo: Reach first came out for Xbox 360 in 2010 and was the last Halo game from original series developer Bungie. It's a prequel that tells the story of Noble Team, a group of Spartans who gave it their all in the lead up to the beginning of the original game Halo: Combat Evolved. Reach is regarded as one of the high points for the franchise, and it's been upgraded visually for this generation with native 4K support. You can see footage of the PC version in action below:
Halo: Reach will be part of the Master Chief Collection for both Xbox One and PC. However, this is the first game in the gradual rollout of Halo titles through the Collection for PC specifically. For all our coverage on all the things new for Microsoft games and Xbox One, check out the news coming out of X019:
- X019 Inside Xbox News: Halo Reach Coming To MCC, New Obsidian Game, And More
- Lots Of Final Fantasy Games Coming To Xbox Game Pass; Kingdom Hearts Heads To Xbox One
- Xbox Scarlett Won't Be "Out Of Position" On Power Or Price, Says Xbox Boss
- Rare Announces New IP, Everwild
- Halo: Reach Coming To Xbox Game Pass And PC Soon
- Yakuza Series Is Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- Obsidian's Grounded Is Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Meets Rust
- Life Is Strange Dev Reveals New Game, Tell Me Why
- Outer Worlds Dev's Next Game Is As Far From Space As You Can Get
- DmC and Hellblade Dev's Next Game, Bleeding Edge, Release Date Leaked
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.