Halo Infinite's Craig Meme: Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Loves It, Too
Xbox boss Phil Spencer has seen your Halo Infinite Craig memes, and they please him.
The Halo Infinite gameplay reveal showed off many aspects of the Xbox Series X launch title, including its large world, grapple hook, and back-to-basics combat design that harkens to the original Halo. But it also showed off a visual engine that a lot of fans were not impressed by, which has been exemplified by "Craig", the Brute whose deadpan expression and gorilla-like face has become a gaming meme for the ages. 343 Industries ran with the meme, poking fun at the screenshot while assuring players the game would improve before its launch this holiday season. But even the higher-level executives seem to enjoy the lovable Brute.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer has given his thoughts on the meme, and he seems to see the funny side of it. Asked by a fan for his take, Spencer called Craig "our new official Xbox mascot."
Continuing on, Spencer cited Craig as a great example of the creativity of the Xbox community. You can view the tweet below.
Our new official Xbox mascot :-) love the community and their ability to just take something fun and run with it.— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) July 31, 2020
Considering all of this, we expect Craig will be somehow canonized in the final release--be on the look out for the inevitable Easter egg in the final release.
Halo Infinite will be the platform for Halo going forward, developer 343 Industries has said. Details about the game's multiplayer have started to emerge too, and it turns out it'll be fully free-to-play.
- What Kind Of Game Is Halo Infinite? Microsoft Responds
- Halo Infinite's Open World Honors The Old While Embracing Brand-New Ideas
- Xbox Director Teases Collaboration With Tesla For Halo Warthog, But It's Early Days
- Elon Musk Loves Halo, Apparently
- Here's Why Halo Infinite Ditched The Old Shotgun
- New Halo Infinite BR, AR Weapon Renders And Art Revealed
- Halo Infinite Will Be A "First-Class" Experience On PC
- Halo Infinite Dev Explains How Equipment Works And How It's Different From Past Games
- GameSpot After Dark 71: Cyberpunk 2077, Halo Infinite Delay, And More
- Halo Infinite Dev Addresses Graphics Criticism, Shows New Visual Updates
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.