Halo Infinite Demo Has Been Remade Inside Halo 5, And You Can Play It
Halo map creator Ducain23 has made an admirable recreation of the areas from the Halo Infinite demo video.
The Halo Infinite gameplay reveal sparked the imagination of many players, inspiring guitar covers, video recreations, and a playable version built in Halo 5's Forge. When we first reported on that last one, it was still in the works--but it's already complete.
Ducain23, a level creator who said that he spent "about 30-40 hours" working on this playable Halo Infinite recreation, has made a full recreation of the demo, and you can try it yourself. You can download the level through Halo Waypoint, and Ducain23 has plenty of other builds on his account, too.
The creator shows off his level in the video below, and chats about the process. There are two versions of the map--an "aesthetic" map that you can explore, and a "race" map, where you drive around and do a "lap" of the map.
There's also a comparison video, showing his Forge map against the demo video.
Ducain23 is also planning to recreate the demo within Far Cry 5's level editor, which he says is more flexible.
Following a delay, Halo Infinite will arrive for Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC in 2021.
- What Kind Of Game Is Halo Infinite? Microsoft Responds
- Halo Infinite's Open World Honors The Old While Embracing Brand-New Ideas
- Xbox Director Teases Collaboration With Tesla For Halo Warthog, But It's Early Days
- Elon Musk Loves Halo, Apparently
- Here's Why Halo Infinite Ditched The Old Shotgun
- New Halo Infinite BR, AR Weapon Renders And Art Revealed
- Halo Infinite Will Be A "First-Class" Experience On PC
- Halo Infinite Dev Explains How Equipment Works And How It's Different From Past Games
- GameSpot After Dark 71: Cyberpunk 2077, Halo Infinite Delay, And More
- Halo Infinite Dev Addresses Graphics Criticism, Shows New Visual Updates
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.