Halo 3: ODST PC Beta Test Kicks Of Soon, Here's How To Sign Up
The first beta test for Halo 3: ODST on PC is about to begin--here's what you need to know.
This test, or "flight" as Microsoft calls it, will begin the first half of August, developer 343 Industries said in a blog post. To get into the beta, you must be a Halo Insider member, and you can sign up for the free program here. Assuming this beta test is similar to previous ones, the rollout will begin small, so you may not be invited in right away.
Only a "slice" of ODST will be available in the PC beta test, 343 said. A beta test for Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One is also in the works, but this will presumably be related to the Firefight mode, as ODST's campaign is already available on Xbox One.
The upcoming beta test will also include some new Halo 3 changes, including the tweaks that 343 has made to hit detection. Additionally, weapons from ODST like the Socom Magnum will be added to Halo 3 in this test.
The ODST test on PC will include Firefight matchmaking and custom games, as well as the Theatre mode. There will also be campaign content, including the Mombassa Streets, Tayari Plaza, Uplift Reserve, NMPD HQ, Data Hive, and Coastal Highway missions, which you can play solo or co-op and at any difficulty level.
The PC beta test for ODST will include a number of settings options, including HUD anchoring, window mode, framerate limit, and field-of-view options. There will also be numerous audio settings options and a handful of accessibility options. You can see all the options below.
ODST PC Settings Options For The Beta
- Settings – Controls: Configure Mouse & Keyboard and Configure Gamepad
- Settings – Video: Field-Of-View, Vehicle Field-Of-View, Gamma, Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, Resolution Scale, V-Sync, HUD Anchoring, Unified Medal Display, Framerate Limit, and Graphics Quality
- Settings – Audio: Game Volume including Menu Music Volume, Game Music Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume. Also, Voice Chat Channel, Push to Talk Voice Chat, and Multiplayer Game Sounds
- Settings – Gameplay: Crosshair Position, Show Invite Notifications, Enemy Player Name Color, Multiplayer Game Timer, and Credits
- Settings – Network: Network and Relays
- Settings Accessibility: Subtitles, Change Language, Convert Text-To-Speech, and Convert Speech-To-Text
In other MCC news, Microsoft is adding a long list of exciting features to the game, including crossplay, a custom game browser, and more.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.