Halo 3 Multiplayer PC Images Released, Beta Test Detailed
The 2007 game was originally released on Xbox 360, and now it's coming to PC very soon.
Halo 3 will be added to Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC soon, and now developer 343 Industries has shared some of the first images of the game running on PC.
Two of the images showcase the multiplayer map Snowbound, and it looks very crisp. Another image shows off the Avalanche map with a super-sized Elephant vehicle on it. The fourth image reveals what looks like the Foundry multiplayer map in the Forge map-making suite. You can check out all the images in the gallery below--click each image to see it in full-size.
343 Industries also outlined what fans can expect from the update Halo 3 PC beta test, or "flight." The Forge mode will be available, along with Theatre, which is a feature that lets you watch past gameplay clips. The beta test will also show off new customization options and a new "challenge" system that calls on players to complete certain objectives.
Halo 3's beta will include a variety of multiplayer options, including custom games, social, and competitive. Here is a rundown of the playlists and maps:
- Social Games: 4v4, 8p FFA, 12p Infection, 8v8
- Competitive: H3 Team Hardcore (4v4), H3 Team Slayer (4v4) H3 Team Doubles (2v2)
- Halo 3 Multiplayer: Construct, Guardian, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, The Pit, Valhalla, Foundry, Standoff, Avalanche, Sandbox, and Heretic
For the campaign, the missions Sierra 177, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant, and Halo will be available in the test.
343 also announced what players can expect in terms of Halo 3 settings and options. These include:
- Settings – Controls: Configure Mouse & Keyboard and Configure Gamepad
- Settings – Video: Field-Of-View, Vehicle Field-Of-View, Gamma, Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, Resolution Scale, V-Sync, HUD Anchoring, Unified Medal Display, Framerate Limit, and Graphics Quality
- Settings – Audio: Game Volume including Menu Music Volume, Game Music Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume. Also, Voice Chat Channel, Push to Talk Voice Chat, and Multiplayer Game Sounds
- Settings – Gameplay: Crosshair Position, Show Invite Notifications, Enemy Player Name Color, Multiplayer Game Timer, and Credits
- Settings – Network: Network and Relays
- Settings Accessibility: Subtitles, Change Language, Convert Text-To-Speech, and Convert Speech-To-Text
The first Halo 3 beta test is scheduled to start "within the first weeks of June." The beta will begin small before expanding to a wider pool later. You can sign up for the free program here.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation