GTA Online's Diamond Casino Heist Is Now Live; Here's What To Expect
You can even just kick back and play some arcade games.
The Diamond Casino Heist is now available in Grand Theft Auto V's online mode. Described as "the most sophisticated and daring robbery the city of Los Santos has ever seen," the latest heist tasks you with breaking into The Diamond Casino & Resorts's safe and stealing everything inside.
To plan a score this big you'll need to acquire the new Arcade property and get the operation off the ground by stocking it with playable retro arcade cabinets.
There are 12 new playable games, including:
- Badlands Revenge II: The peaceful frontier has been invaded by marauders, road agents, thieves, and revenue men. Use your weapons wisely to rid the prairie of the desperados and outlaws that threaten your very way of life.
- The Wizard's Ruin: An evil wizard has kidnapped Grog and stolen him away to a terrifying fortress. Now Thog must fight through enchanted forests, ghastly swamps, labyrinths of decay and battle terrifying enemies to rescue his brother with only his mighty sword and magical engorging potions found along the way.
- Race and Chase - Street Legal: It's a race across the heartland and through America's densest metropolises in a flashy sports car. Crank up the tunes and blast past obstacles as you do your best to avoid pedestrians and hairy beasts on the highway.
- Race and Chase - Crotch Rockets: Soup up your superbike and rage havoc on the highway in this race against time through city and suburb while you steer clear of obstructions and avoid eating asphalt.
- Race and Chase - Get Truckin': Rev up your truck and race at breakneck speeds across America as you and your canine companion avoid obstacles like slow drivers and the occasional wandering sasquatch to beat the clock and take home glory.
- Space Monkey 3: Bananas Gone Bad: The villainous Dr. Dank has hijacked all cargo spaceships from Ecuadorian 5 Quadrant and used his transmogrification ray to turn the bananas evil. What do you do when the only thing you ever loved turns against you? Now Space Monkey must fight the evil bananas and defeat Dr. Dank. The future of evolution hangs in the balance.
- Shiny Wasabi Kitty Claw: Princess Robot Bubblegum's new bestie Shiny Wasabi Kitty brings her anime whimsy to the classic arcade claw machine where luck could grab you a fantastic prize.
- Nazar Speaks Fortune Teller: The timeless clairvoyant Madame Nazar masters the spiritual medium to read your future and fortune. Do great riches await? Is love just around the corner? Will the hands of fate send you to an early grave in a freak, easily avoidable accident? Find out now.
- The Love Professor: BFF or basically platonic, the Love Professor will diagnose you and a partner to determine if the diagnosis is divorce, getting flirty, friends with benefits or the kind of love you only hear about in hairband power ballads.
- Defender of the Faith (Degenatron classic): The classic arcade game that spawned many imitators of its novel and complex gameplay. Secure your immortality and place in the afterlife by saving the green dot with your fantastic flying red square.
- Monkey’s Paradise (Degenatron classic): This simian simulator took arcades by storm in the 80s. Swing from green dot to green dot with your red square monkey and show the world who is at the top of the food chain.
- Penetrator (Degenatron classic): In the deep dark reaches of space, an evil menace threatens earth. Smash the green dots inside the mysterious red square and save humanity.
Once you're done purveying each of the 80s-themed arcade cabinets, the basement planning area is where the real work begins. There are three planning boards, a place to store sourced getaway vehicles and heist prep equipment, plus a few staging areas where you can practise cracking vaults and hacking doors with your crew. Much like other GTA Online heists, you'll need to gather intel and take on preparatory missions before forging ahead to the big show. You'll have the option to go the extra mile during these missions, too, by documenting various entry points, destroying supply shipments, and gathering intel on security systems from an old associate and former Casino employee. Doing this will reward you with extra choices during the heist, as more routes, approaches, and options like getaway decoys open up.
Hiring the right support team members is also key to a successful heist. Lester's network of contacts includes drivers, gunmen, and hackers, each with their own skillsets and prices attached.
There are three distinct approaches to choose from when planning the Diamond Casino Heist, with multiple ways to execute each one. You can opt for Silent & Sneaky to enter undetected and try to make off with the spoils before anyone even knows you were there. The Big Con route, meanwhile, lets you masquerade as maintenance staff, pest control, or other contractors. While the Aggressive approach throws all of that out the window to go full-on guns blazing. Whichever approach you pick, you'll have a series of choices for how you want to complete every step of the heist. If your attempts at stealth or subterfuge fail, that doesn't mean the heist is over. You'll still be able to continue the mission by adapting to any changing scenarios.
The Diamond Casino Heist also introduces five new heist vehicles, ranging from luxury sports cars, an SUV, and a maxed-out hatchback. In addition to this, Warstock Cache & Carry is getting a fleet of six vehicles you can buy, including a Fire Truck, Bugstars van, and Gruppe Sechs Stockade.
When you're cruising around Los Santos in your new ride, you'll also find some new tunes on the radio. Tune in to iFruit Radio and host Danny Brown, along with UK rapper and producer Skepta, will cherry-pick the hottest music from around the world, featuring previously unreleased songs from Baauer x Channel Tres ft Danny Brown, Denzel Curry & YBN Cordae, Pop Smoke and slowthai, in addition to favorites from DaBaby, Megan Thee Stallion, Burna Boy, J Hus, Skepta, Travis Scott, and more.
On top of all this, there are also signal jammers spread out across Los Santos. Find and destroy each to earn a reward and get an expert hacker on your side who might come in handy during the new heist. There are also new clues related to the mystery of the Los Santos Slasher, and new Twitch Prime benefits. Rockstar Games Social Club members who have linked their accounts with Twitch Prime by Sunday, December 8 will be able to buy the Pixel Pete's Arcade Property in Paleto Bay for free. Any Twitch Prime members in good standing who buy this specific property at full price will be given a 100% rebate within 72 hours after purchasing it. Visit the official Twitch Prime page to claim the benefits.
The update accompanying the release of the Diamond Casino Heist has implemented a significant number of tweaks and improvements to GTA Online's Freemode, such as reducing the amount of phone calls and text messages received on your iFruit phone, limits on how often and quickly players can call out the Oppressor MKII or trigger Easy Way Out, and much more.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com