GTA 5: New Mode, Double XP, and More Arrive
Also, now is your last chance (for this year at least) to throw snowballs in GTA Online.
Grand Theft Auto V's online mode, GTA Online, continues to grow and evolve.
Rockstar today launched a new bike and mode, and rolled out the latest weekly sales. Additionally, now is your last chance to frolic in the snow and claim your GTA Online holiday gift. Today, January 2, is the last day to get your free firework launcher just for logging in. Additionally, snow will stop falling after today, so now is your last chance to pick up snowballs and chuck them at other players.
In terms of new content, the new Pegassi FCR 1000 notorcycle is now available in the game. "An instant classic, this bike will be the envy of your grandpa, even if he did disown you," Rockstar said.
The new Adversay mode is called Vehicle Vendetta. As its name suggests, this is a vehicle-focused mode in which teams compete for powerups spread across the maps; here's a rundown of them, as written by Rockstar:
- Beast: Automatically transforms you into a Rhino Tank.
- Detonator: Removes obstacles and objects from the arena.
- Bomb: Place up to three bombs around the map to destroy trailing enemies.
- Rockets: Fire rockets at oncoming drivers to incapacitate them.
- Repair: Returns vehicle back to max health.
- Ghost: Become translucent, allowing you to drive through enemy vehicles to steal their power-ups.
- Jammed: Forces the accelerator on for the enemy team's vehicles.
- Flipped: Reverses the enemy team’s steering, acceleration and braking controls.
- Zoned: Slows down time for all players.
- Deadline: Automatically switches you onto the Nagasaki Shotaro complete with devastating light trail.
- Random: Chance to collect any power-up except Detonator.
Vehicle Vendetta pays out double GTA$ and RP through January 17.
You can also earn double GTA$ and RP in some of GTA Online's Stunt races. Starting on January 3, all 27 of the Rockstar-developed Stunt races will pay out extra. Additionally, this week's Premium Race is Racing Alley, which pays out triple RP.
As for GTA Online sales, beginning on January 3, you can save on the following:
- 25% more GTA$ on Vehicle Exports
- 25% off Special Vehicle Warehouse Renovations & Special Cargo Warehouses
- 50% off Grenade Launcher
- 25% off Engine Performance Upgrades
- 25% off Body Armor, Ammo, Throwables, and Explosive Weapon Ammo
- 25% off all Masks
This sale is good until January 16. Go to the Rockstar Newswire to learn more about all of this.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.