Google Stadia's Controller Comes In Four Different Colors, And One Is An Exclusive Pre-Order
Hope you like Dualshock's button layout.
Coming in days before both EA Play and E3 2019's assortment of press conferences, Google's latest Stadia livestream is the first of many video game-focused shows we can expect over the next week. During the stream, Google revealed new details for Stadia, including the colors and specs of the service's controllers.
Connecting to the game being played via a WiFi signal (though they do have wired support via a USB port), the Stadia controller is shaped similarly to Switch's Pro controller. The Stadia controller has its two sticks side-by-side instead of offset from one another, and the d-pad is above the left stick as opposed to beneath it. Stadia's controller does come with two very different buttons, though: one to seamlessly capture gameplay and the other to summon Google Assistant.
As of right now, Stadia's controller comes in four different colors. Three of the four--Just Black, Clearly White, and Wasabi--can be bought at any time. Each one costs $70 USD / £60. The fourth color, Night Blue, is limited-edition and exclusively tied to the Stadia Founder's Edition, which can be pre-ordered for $130 USD / £120. All four controllers have the same technical specs, which can be seen below.
Stadia Controller Technical Specs
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac connectivity
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 (BLE)
- Headset jack: 3.5mm headset jack for headsets with or without a microphone
- USB: USB-C port for charging, wired gameplay, and accessories such as USB-C headsets. HID-compliant
- Weight: 268g
- Dimensions: 163mm x 105mm x 65mm
- Google Assistant: Google Assistant button to trigger the microphone
- Capture button: Quick access to image and video capture
- Battery: Internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery
Other than the controller, the Founder's Edition also comes with Chromecast Ultra, a three-month subscription to Stadia Pro, and a three-month Buddy Pass for a friend to try Stadia Pro. The Founder's Edition is scheduled to release in November 2019.
Costing $10 USD / £9 a month, Stadia Pro lets you stream games up to 4K HDR at 60fps and also provides access to a free library of games and a discount in Stadia's online store.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com