Google Stadia Controller, Chromecast Ultra Technical Specs Fully Detailed
Note the requirements before you decide whether to pre-order.
In its pre-E3 2019 Stadia press conference, Google outlined some of the specifics for its cloud-based game streaming service. Stadia is up for pre-order now in the Founder's Edition, which comes with several exclusive goodies, like a specially colored controller and Chromecast Ultra.
Apart from the swapped location of the d-pad and left analog stick, Stadia's controller closely resembles a Switch Pro Controller in design, but it has two unique buttons. One allows you to seamlessly share gameplay, while the other activates the controller's microphone so you can ask Google Assistant a question. Chromecast Ultra allows you to stream Stadia directly to your TV via an HDMI port, as well as several other supported apps like Netflix and HBO Go. The technical specs for both the controller and Chromecast Ultra are outlined below.
9 Biggest Game Releases For February 2023 How Games Get Akimbo Weapons Wrong - Loadout History of Fire Emblem Diablo IV | Official Release Date Trailer Breakdown Far Cry 7 And Standalone Multiplayer Game Reportedly In Development | GameSpot News We Played 2 Hours of Like a Dragon: Ishin! A Space for the Unbound - Launch Trailer Gungrave G.O.R.E - "The Wolf is coming" Trailer Strayed Lights | Reveal Trailer Dead Space Remake Video Review Naughty Dog Might Not Make The Last Of Us Part 3 | GameSpot News Naughty Dog Might Not Make The Last Of Us Part 3 | GameSpot News
Stadia Controller Technical Specs
- Wi-Fi: Dual-band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac connectivity
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 (BLE)
- Headset jack: 3.5mm headset jack for headsets with or without a microphone
- USB: USB-C port for charging, wired gameplay, and accessories such as USB-C headsets. HID-compliant
- Weight: 268g
- Dimensions: 163mm x 105mm x 65mm
- Google Assistant: Google Assistant button to trigger the microphone
- Capture button: Quick access to image and video capture
- Battery: Internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery
Chromecast Ultra Technical Specs
- Dimensions: 2.29in (58.20 mm) x 0.53 in (13.70 mm) x 2.29 in (58.20 mm)
- WeightDevice: 1.6 oz (47 g), Adapter: 3.5 oz (101 g)
- Resolution: Supports all resolutions up to 4K Ultra HD and high dynamic range (HDR) for stunning picture quality
- Wireless: 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5Ghz) 1x2 MISO Wi-Fi for high-performance streaming
- Power: Power supply required and included
- Ports & Connectors
- HDMI plugs directly into the TV Micro-USB for power and data
- Ethernet port on the power adapter for hard-to-reach Wi-Fi spots in your home
- Supported Operating Systems
- Android 4.2 and higher
- iOS 9.1 and higher
- macOS X 10.9 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
- TV with an HDMI port
- Wi-Fi network or Ethernet
- Wi-Fi-enabled supported device
The Stadia Founder's Edition costs $130 USD / £120 and also includes a three-month subscription to Stadia Pro and a three-month Buddy Pass for a friend to try Stadia Pro. Stadia Pro is a monthly fee of $10 USD / £9, allowing you to stream your games up to 4K HDR at 60fps. The subscription also provides access to a free library of games, a discount in Stadia's online store, and a limited-time Destiny 2 deal. Stadia Base offers a cheaper alternative to Pro but only supports up to 1080p at 60fps.
The Stadia Founder's Edition is scheduled to release in November 2019, while Stadia Base won't launch until 2020.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.