Good News: There's Footage And Photos Of Dogs In Mo-Cap Suits Working On The Last Of Us Part 2
Here's an 8 second video of a dog in a mo-cap suit jumping through the air to brighten your day.
Players have had some time to play through The Last of Us Part II, and there's been some division over whether it's a new milestone for the PS4, a narrative masterclass, or a disappointment relative to player expectations. There's been arguments about the game's intent, its violence, and its characters. But there's one thing we can all agree on--the dog they used for motion capture is a very good dog.
Jeremy Yates, the lead animator on The Last of Us Part II, has shared a short, slow-motion video of a dog--it looks like a border collie--doing a running jump in a motion-capture suit. Ironically, it looks to be the exact opposite of a Naughty Dog.
It's been a long and difficult year, but the eight seconds you spend watching this video, at least, are guaranteed to be good.
It's enough to make you feel bad for killing so many of the dogs in-game.
Update: More good news--Yates has posted more pictures of the dogs used to motion capture the in-game pooches. Winnie, Moxie, Kippy, and Stetson are here, and now we feel even worse about what we did to their digital canine doppelgangers.
Yates has also revealed that the gracing leaping off these dogs was also used for the deer you'll see in the distance during the game.
We used this set up for deer galloping. 👌 pic.twitter.com/Hc2FzpBk2z— Jeremy Yates (@Jeremy_Yates) July 9, 2020
GameSpot's Play For All--a celebration of all things gaming--is ongoing. Join us as we bring you the summer's hottest news, previews, interviews, features, and videos, as well as raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts and Black Lives Matter with the help of our friends from around the gaming world. Check out the Play For All schedule for more.
- The Last Of Us Day: New Board Game, Free PS4 Theme, And More
- Latest PS4 Sale Features Some Fantastic Games
- The Hidden Stories In The Last Of Us Part 2 Are Some Of Its Best
- The Detailed, Complex System Behind Breaking Glass In The Last Of Us 2
- The Last of Us Part 2 Initially Had A Darker Ending
- Save 30% On The Last Of Us Part 2 When You Pre-Order An Upcoming PS4 Or Xbox One Game
- Last Of Us, Uncharted Dev Talks About Moving To PlayStation 5
- The Last Us Part 2 Ending Explained - What Happened And Why
- The Last Of Us Part 2 Director Explains Away The Game's Pearl Jam Plot Hole
- The Last Of Us 2 Won't Get Story DLC, But An Online Mode Is Coming
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.