Goat Simulator Getting Zombie-Themed Update This Week
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Coffee Stain Studios has announced new downloadable content for its wacky action game Goat Simulator themed around zombies. Called "GoatZ," the $5 DLC is due to launch May 7 on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
It wasn't mentioned if the content would be released for the Xbox versions of Goat Simulator.
In a press release announcing GoatZ, Coffee Stain said it was previously planning for the Goat Simulator MMO expansion to be the game's last add-on. However, the studio received an "avalanche" of requests for more DLC. "So, with that said, here you. Zombies," Coffee Stain explained.
We Played 3 Hours Of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Goes Gold - GS News Update Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Talks Multiplayer, Microtransactions, & More - GS News Update The Outer Worlds - Official Launch Trailer Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (10/18 - 10/22) Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.1 - Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty Release Date Trailer The Secrets of Ghost Recon Breakpoint's Open World Zombieland 2 Double Tap Spoiler Review & Movie Breakdown One Piece: Stampede - Penguin Form Reveal Exclusive Clip Fallout 76 NPC Expansion Delayed To 2020 - GS News Update Fight Us In Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4) | GameSpot Community Fridays Outer Wilds: A Seven-Year Struggle
Coffee Stain has enlisted the help of Gone North Games to develop the GoatZ expansion. That studio worked on PC game A Story About My Uncle, which Coffee Stain published.
The name GoatZ bears a resemblance to another zombie game, Dean Hall's DayZ, while the overall tone seems similar to Garry Newman's survival-themed Rust. With that in mind, Coffee Stain said today, "Garry and Dean, please don't sue us. Be cool."
For more on GoatZ, check out a list of features below, courtesy of Coffee Stain. You can also find some haunting images in the gallery at the bottom of this post.
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There's a pun here about actual living bugs, but we're not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it's one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
- Tons of unlockable new goats with special powers (wow, never thought I'd ever write that sentence a couple of years ago. Also hi mom)
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com