Goat Simulator Getting Zombie-Themed Update This Week
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Coffee Stain Studios has announced new downloadable content for its wacky action game Goat Simulator themed around zombies. Called "GoatZ," the $5 DLC is due to launch May 7 on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
It wasn't mentioned if the content would be released for the Xbox versions of Goat Simulator.
In a press release announcing GoatZ, Coffee Stain said it was previously planning for the Goat Simulator MMO expansion to be the game's last add-on. However, the studio received an "avalanche" of requests for more DLC. "So, with that said, here you. Zombies," Coffee Stain explained.
Best New Netflix TV Shows & Movies In November 2018 Nintendo Switch System Update 6.2 Out Now - GS News Update Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Overview Trailer feat. The Announcer Fortnite Update 6.30 Adds Dynamite, Wild West Mode, And More - GS News Update Resident Evil 2 - General Audience Trailer Kingdom Hearts 3 - Together Trailer Hitman 2 - Sean Bean Elusive Target Full Mission Briefing Trailer Gal Metal - Switch Launch Trailer Football Manager 2019 - Launch Trailer Fallout 76 - Things To Know Before You Start Playing Rainbow Six Siege's Censorship Changes Will Be Reverted Before Operation Wind Bastion - GS News Update Killer 7 PC Gameplay - First 15 Minutes
Coffee Stain has enlisted the help of Gone North Games to develop the GoatZ expansion. That studio worked on PC game A Story About My Uncle, which Coffee Stain published.
The name GoatZ bears a resemblance to another zombie game, Dean Hall's DayZ, while the overall tone seems similar to Garry Newman's survival-themed Rust. With that in mind, Coffee Stain said today, "Garry and Dean, please don't sue us. Be cool."
For more on GoatZ, check out a list of features below, courtesy of Coffee Stain. You can also find some haunting images in the gallery at the bottom of this post.
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There's a pun here about actual living bugs, but we're not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it's one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
- Tons of unlockable new goats with special powers (wow, never thought I'd ever write that sentence a couple of years ago. Also hi mom)
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com