Goat Simulator Getting Zombie-Themed Update This Week
Coffee Stain Studios has announced new downloadable content for its wacky action game Goat Simulator themed around zombies. Called "GoatZ," the $5 DLC is due to launch May 7 on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
It wasn't mentioned if the content would be released for the Xbox versions of Goat Simulator.
In a press release announcing GoatZ, Coffee Stain said it was previously planning for the Goat Simulator MMO expansion to be the game's last add-on. However, the studio received an "avalanche" of requests for more DLC. "So, with that said, here you. Zombies," Coffee Stain explained.
It’s Time To Rethink Pre-Ordering Games 14 Things I Wish I Knew Before Playing Diablo 4 PowerWash Simulator VR | Announcement Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro Vampire: The Masquerade - Justice | Announcement Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro Stranger Things VR | Gameplay Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord | Story Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro Attack on Titan VR: Unbreakable | First Concept Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro Bulletstorm | Announcement Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro 7th Guest VR | Announcement Trailer | Meta Quest 2 + 3 + Pro Samba de Amigo | Get Ready to Shake It With Amigo & Friends in VR | Full Meta Quest Trailer The Expanse: A Telltale Series Story Trailer Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection - Launch Trailer
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking 'enter', you agree to GameSpot's
Coffee Stain has enlisted the help of Gone North Games to develop the GoatZ expansion. That studio worked on PC game A Story About My Uncle, which Coffee Stain published.
The name GoatZ bears a resemblance to another zombie game, Dean Hall's DayZ, while the overall tone seems similar to Garry Newman's survival-themed Rust. With that in mind, Coffee Stain said today, "Garry and Dean, please don't sue us. Be cool."
For more on GoatZ, check out a list of features below, courtesy of Coffee Stain. You can also find some haunting images in the gallery at the bottom of this post.
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There's a pun here about actual living bugs, but we're not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it's one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
- Tons of unlockable new goats with special powers (wow, never thought I'd ever write that sentence a couple of years ago. Also hi mom)
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation