Ghost Recon: Wildlands DLC Detailed, Free PvP Mode Coming After Launch
Here is everything that's included in the game's DLC pass and more.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Ubisoft today outlined its post-launch plans for Ghost Recon: Wildlands today, which includes paid content through a DLC pass and free updates.
The DLC pass comes with two "major" expansions, as well as a one "special mission that call[s] on players to take on enemies that only experienced Ghosts are able to handle." Season pass-owners will get to play the new expansions one week before everyone else can buy them.
People who buy the pass also get new outfits and weapons, as well as a permanent 5 percent XP boost and a "single-use short XP booster" that offers +50 percent XP bonus for the player and +25 percent XP bonus for everyone in their squad for a period of two hours.
Here is a full rundown of what's in the DLC pass, as written by Ubisoft:
- One week early access to two major expansions:
- Narco Road: Players will infiltrate a gang of smugglers and take part in crazy races and challenges to earn their infamous leader's trust and destroy them from the inside. Gamers will be able to meet new bosses and travel the wildlands in new vehicles.
- Fallen Ghosts: During an evacuation mission, the Ghosts' chopper is shot down and the squad will need to adapt as they’re tracked down by an elite group of ruthless mercenaries. Players will fight a new powerful enemy, learn new skills and unlock weapons to complete their mission.
- The Unidad Conspiracy missions: Players will work to break down and destabilize the alliance between Santa Blanca and Unidad in the Media Luna province.
- The Peruvian Connection pack: Players will be able to play through the Peruvian Connection mission as well as receive seven gear patches
- Faction themed equipment packs
- Rebellion Ghost Pack: Players can don an outfit inspired by the brave Katari 26 rebels. They will also unlock a unique AK-47 equipped with a bigger magazine and customized with unique engraving work.
- Unidad Ghost Pack: Players dominate enemies with an Unidad outfit so they can attack Unidad camps dressed just like one of them. They will also unlock a unique Unidad LMG weapon, customized with the colors of Unidad, and equipped with a red dot scope and a larger magazine.
- Santa Blanca Ghost Pack: With a Santa Blanca-inspired outfit, players can mimic their style without joining their ranks. This pack also unlocks the Santa Blanca golden M1911, customized with engravings and the mark of the cartel, for players to unleash chaos on the cartel.
- Exclusive vehicle: Bolivian Minibus
- Digital content
- Permanent +5% XP booster for the player
- Single-use short XP booster: +50% XP for the player and +25% XP for other players in the session, expires two hours from time of use.
In terms of free post-release content, Ubisoft will add head-to-head multiplayer to Wildlands after release. This will be in the form of a 4v4 mode. More details will be announced later.
Ubisoft did not announce release dates or windows for any of Wildlands' post-release content. The DLC pass costs $40. There is also a Gold edition (containing the game and the DLC pass) that goes for $100.
In other news, the Wildlands betas attracted 6.8 million players, setting a new record for Ubisoft. The game launches in full this coming Tuesday, March 7.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org