GH: Aerosmith gets first tracks teased

"Sweet Emotion," "Draw the Line" among 40-plus songs in Activision's Guitar Hero tribute; Joan Jett, Cheap Trick also riffing.

115 Comments

GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.

Rhythm game peripherals aren't cheap, so it's a good thing the people who make them have been working to keep gamers happy with their purchase with fresh tunes. Whereas MTV Games and Harmonix have thus far built up Rock Band with a steady stream of downloadable tracks, Activision has by and large focused its efforts on creating all-new spin-off games. The first of these--Guitar Hero: Aerosmith--lets virtual rockers hop aboard Steven Tyler and co.'s tour bus on their storied quest for superstardom.

Today, Activision revealed the first details on what gamers can expect from its Aerosmith tribute. As previously noted, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will feature songs from both the legendary rockers as well as a number of their contemporaries, and Activision said today that of the 40-plus songs in the game, about 60 percent will be Aerosmith signatures, with the remaining 40 percent comprising both classic and modern rock outfits.

Activision also gave the first indication of what songs will appear among that 40-plus track set list. From Aerosmith, songs thus far announced are "Make It," "Uncle Salty," "Draw the Line," "No Surprize," and "Sweet Emotion." As for coheadliners, Activision has picked up licenses for Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes," Cheap Trick's "Dream Police," Joan Jett & the Blackhearts' "I Hate Myself for Loving You," and a cover of The Kinks' "All Day and All Night."

With Neversoft developing the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions, Vicarious Visions handling the Wii version, and BudCat jamming out the PlayStation 2 game, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is slated to arrive this June. For a closer look at the game, check out GameSpot's fresh-off-the-presses preview.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Join the conversation
There are 115 comments about this story