Gears Tactics Gets First Update, Check Out The Patch Notes Here
The XCOM-esque spin-off of the popular cover shooter gets its first title update on Tuesday.
Gears of War's unlikely foray into the world of strategy games, Gears Tactics, is getting its first update. The title update will launch at 11 PM ET / 8 PM PT on Tuesday, May 12, and will focus on fixing bugs and improving the game experience. This includes a variety of crashes and a nasty issue that prevented players from selecting units in certain chapters of the game. According to the patch notes, the developers are working to introduce additional stability fixes in the next update.
Gears Tactics first released in late April, and it garnered high marks from many reviewers. In our Gears Tactics review, critic Mike Epstein praised the game's ability to recreate the chaotic, gory feel of the franchises' firefights, as well as its surprisingly deep tactical chops. If you're struggling to get started, check out our beginner's guide to the game. If you're a subscriber to the Xbox Game Pass on PC, Gears Tactics is included. While it's only available on that platform at the moment, it will be coming to Xbox One later this year.
Full patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where units can’t be selected, most notably seen in Act 1 Chapter 6.
- Fixed game turn getting stuck when using the Vanguard Distraction ability on a Sniper Drone that is pinning the Vanguard.
- Fixed the Vanguard Breach ability re-applying the AP/Heal buff more than once.
- Fixed an issue where characters could appear with untextured armor when editing armor in the Barracks.
- Improved image quality while using Variable Rate Shading.
- Fixed untextured parts of the Mammoth in Act 1 Mission 4.
- Fixed holes seen in the environment in the Act 1 convoy while using ultra-wide monitors.
- Fixed a crash when targeting more than 4 units in cover with a grenade.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur on boot of the game.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur on a hit reaction.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a unit is killed.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur in gameplay.
- Fixed a rare crash when using the narrator.
- Fixed a few rare crashes that could occur while transitioning to a loading screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the user settings file is edited by external sources.
- Updated the minimum recommended driver version for GPU drivers. Drivers below this version will display a warning on boot of the game.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com