Gears of War Remaster For Xbox One Details Leaked
Official Russian Gears of War website accidentally posts information early.
Details for a Gears of War remaster for the Xbox One were accidentally leaked today. First posted on the official Russian Gears of War website, the information has since been removed. A translation has been posted by Siliconera and lists the following features:
- Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 minutes of new content for campaign mode of the original game on PC
- New Xbox LIVE achievements
- Unlockable gallery sketches and comics
- Streamlined multiplayer mode:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Selection of players for skills
- New types of games, “Team Fight”, “King of the Hill” (in the style of Gears of War 3) and the new 2-2 Destruction “Gnasherom.”
- 19 cards, including DLC and exclusive cards from the PC version
- The ability to gain access to the 17 characters of Gears of War 3 multiplayer games
- Match setting options
- Streamlined gameplay:
- Alternate control system and a brand new control scheme tournament
- All controls adapted for Xbox One
- Added features from Gears of Wars 3: Marking enemy targets, the use of the device in a multiplayer game, improved sensitivity settings
This isn't the first time information on a Gears of War remaster has surfaced. Last month a video was posted which appeared to include footage from the game. When approached for a comment on the leak, a Microsoft spokesperson said, "We have nothing to announce at this time."
The company may be announcing a Gears of War remaster at its E3 conference. Be sure to stay tuned to GameSpot for the latest E3 news as it rolls out.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.