Gears of War Producer Accepts Ice Bucket Challenge, Nominates Double Fine's Tim Schafer
Rod Ferugsson is the latest games industry person to dump ice water on their head to raise money and awareness for ALS.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
The Ice Bucket Challenge, a campaign to raise money and awareness for ALS by dumping ice cold water on your head, continues to sweep through the video game industry. Today's example is veteran Gears of War producer Rod Fergusson, who we see in the video above using water from a stream in lovely British Columbia to take part in the challenge.
He nominates Double Fine co-founder Tim Schafer, Media Molecule's Siobhan Reddy, and Black Tusk creative director Chuck Osieja. Per the guidlines of the Ice Bucket Challenge, they have 24 hours to complete it.
Fergusson is currently working on the next Gears of War game, presumably for Xbox One. According to Xbox executive Aaron Greenberg, the game is shaping up well. Looking for more videos of game industry people getting ice water dumped on their heads? We've got you covered.
- Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator of Minecraft)
- Tony Bartel (GameStop president)
- Cliff Bleszinski (Creator of Gears of War)
- Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox)
- Shawn Layden (SCEA President and CEO)
- Bobby Kotick (Activision Blizzard CEO)
- Peter Moore (EA COO)
- Reggie Fils-Aime (Nintendo of America president) (Fils-Aime promises to "one-up" Spencer's video)
- Gabe Newell (Valve boss)
- Shuhei Yoshida (PlayStation worldwide studios president)