GameStop President Takes Ice Bucket Challenge, Nominates EA's Peter Moore
Tony Bartel and other GameStop employees get ice water poured on their heads to raises awareness for ALS.
The Ice Bucket Challenge, a campaign to raise money and awareness for ALS, continues to spread through the video game industry. Today, GameStop president Tony Bartel accepted PlayStation executive Shawn Layden's nomination.
In the video above you see Bartel (center), as well as other GameStop management and employees, getting ice water dumped on their heads. The video was shot at GameStop's headquarters in Grapevine, Texas, so don't feel too bad for them--it's 95 degrees there right now. You don't see GameStop CEO Paul Raines in the video because he is recovering from brain surgery.
Bartel nominated Electronic Arts COO Peter Moore for the Ice Bucket Challenge. Jeremy Dale (senior vice president of Microsoft) and Kevin Kebodeaux (senior vice president at Warner Bros.) were also nominated.
Looking for more videos of game industry people getting ice water dumped on their heads? We've got you covered.
- Markus "Notch" Persson (Creator of Minecraft)
- Cliff Bleszinski (Creator of Gears of War)
- Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox)
- Shawn Layden (SCEA President and CEO)
- Bobby Kotick (Activision Blizzard CEO)
- Peter Moore (EA COO)
- Reggie Fils-Aime (Nintendo of America president) (Fils-Aime promises to "one-up" Spencer's video)
- Gabe Newell (Valve boss)
- Shuhei Yoshida (PlayStation worldwide studios president)