GameSpot's 72-Hour Extra Life Marathon Begins Soon!
For the kids.
The Extra Life charity gaming marathon has become a yearly tradition in the video game community in recent years, and we would be remiss if we didn't keep it going in 2017.
Beginning at 12 PM PT / 8 PM GMT on November 17 (that's 6 AM AEST on November 18 in Australia), GameSpot will begin its Extra Life livestream. We'll be playing everything from PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds to the Jackbox Party Pack, Rocket League, P.T., and much, much more. We'll also have a dedicated Minecraft server for fans to build throughout the marathon. Lastly, there will be a slew of giveaways for fans to participate in, ranging from an Xbox One, a BioShock 10th Anniversary for PS4, to an Assassin's Creed Collector's Bundle. All in the name of charity.
As usual , every cent of your donations will benefit the kids at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital. This year, we're upping our goal to US $15,000. In order to reach that goal, we'll let viewers decide which games we play, how much hot sauce we chug, and how close we come to breaking Twitch's Terms of Service when Rob is about to vomit. When it's for the kids, anything goes.
At this point, you're probably wondering how you can help us in our cause. In order to donate to GameSpot's Extra Life fund, head over to our Extra Life page we've set up specially for this event. And if you don't have money to spare - that's okay! We still want to hang out with you during the livestream. Come join us at Twitch.tv/gamespot, on our YouTube channel, or right here on GameSpot.com.
For viewers in different time zones, we've provided the full schedule below. To further entice you, we've also provided an archive of last year's stream. We're looking forward to hanging out with you, and to raising money for an awesome cause.
- 12 PM PT, Friday November 17 - 12 AM PT Sunday November 19 -- San Francisco Team
- 12 AM PT, Sunday November 19 - 12 PM PT November 19 -- UK Team
- 12 PM PT, Sunday November 19 - 12 PM PT Monday November 20 -- Australian Team
Greenwich Mean Time
- 8 PM GMT, Friday November 19 - 8 AM GMT Sunday November 19 -- San Francisco Team
- 8 AM GMT Sunday November 19 - 8 PM GMT Sunday November 19 -- UK Team
- 8 PM GMT Sunday November 19 - 8 PM GMT Monday November 20 -- Australian Team
Australian Eastern Standard Time
- 6 AM AEST, Saturday November 18 - 6 PM AEST Sunday November 19 -- San Francisco Team
- 6 PM AEST, Sunday November 19 - 6 AM AEST Monday November 20 -- UK Team
- 6 AM AEST Monday November 20 - 6 AM AEST Tuesday November 21 -- Australian Team