Gamescom 2020: Ubisoft Will Showcase 13 Game Studios
Indie game studios from Canada and Germany will reveal their portfolios at the Indie showcase as part of the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs initiative.
Gamescom 2020 is going virtual this year when it runs from August 27-30, and Ubisoft has confirmed that it'll be there as part of the Indie Arena Booth Online 2020. Ubisoft has games from 13 Canadian and German indie studios that they'll be presenting as part of the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs initiative. Introduced in 2017, Ubisoft Entrepreneurs has supported indie studios with access to learning exchanges, equity, and funding. The games that will be presented at the Indie Arena Booth include winners from the 2019 and 2020 editions of the Ubisoft Indie Series in Ontario.
"We're dedicated to sharing our own experience to benefit up-and-coming techno-creative companies and are convinced that thriving indie developers are an essential part of the video game ecosystem," said Karsten Lehmann, Public Affairs Director at Ubisoft German Studios, in a press release. "Ubisoft is a huge fan of the work being done by these indie developers, and we are extremely proud to support indie studios by showcasing their amazing work at the first Indie Arena Booth Online."
You can read the full list below of which games will be on show:
Ubisoft games at Indie Booth 2020
- Aethernaut from Dragon Slumber
- Time Drifters from Studio Lonely boy
- Sea Raiders from Watcha Games
- Dum Dum Dinos from Youtouch
- Mad Experiments: Escape Room from PlayTogether Studio
- Operation: Tango from Studio Clever Plays
- Knight Squad 2 from Chainsawesome Games
- Shishi : Ballad of the Oracle from Shishi Studios
- BOAA: Baku from Illuminia Studios
- Aeolis Tournament from Beyond Fun Studio
For more on Gamescom including when it begins exactly, how to watch, and what to expect from Europe's largest annual games event, don't forget to check out GameSpot's handy guide to this year's show.