Free Uncharted 4 Expansion Out Now, Adds Co-Op Mode and More Multiplayer Maps
It's a big day for Uncharted 4.
[UPDATE] Uncharted 4's Survival update is out now. The complete patch notes, as posted on the Uncharted website, are listed below. It's 3.8 GB, so it's fairly large.
New DLC Content
- 2 New Maps:
- Train Wreck (Flashback map)
- 5 Flashback Weapons:
- M4 Assault Rifle
- PAK-80 Light Machine Gun
- Micro 9mm automatic pistol
- Para 9 pistol
- Desert 5 pistol (Heavy Weapon)
- Classic Uncharted 2 & 3 music added to in-game & menus
- 48 Character Skins
- 40 Vanity items
- 10 Taunts
- 25 new color options for every skin!
- 10 new levels (81 – 90 for competitive), with two new vanity unlocks
- 12 New Co-op Trophies
- New Challenges for new items & Survival challenges
- You can now set your challenge preference to Multiplayer, Survival, or a mix of both
- Separate MP and SP executables, the game will now load you into the last section you were playing
- Permanent Price Reductions:
- Vanity DLC chest price reduced from 2000 to 300 Relics
- Premium Vanity DLC chest price reduced from 3000 to 1500 Relics
- Gameplay DLC chest price reduced from 3000 to 2500 Relics
- All Uncharted Point prices reduced to Summer Sale levels (25 – 40% off)
- VIP Bonus
- Purchasing any Uncharted Points pack now awards VIP status, which gives you a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from challenges within Uncharted 4
- Anyone who previously purchased an Uncharted Points pack will also have VIP status
- Any Uncharted Points pack over 300UP now comes with a set of one-use Relic Boosters.
- Relic Boosters give you a 300% increase to the Relics earned from completing a Multiplayer match, plus a stacking shared bonus, which all players in the match receive
- The more players activate a booster in a match, the bigger the reward for everyone!
- Chests are now purchasable with Uncharted Points
- Chest prices are less than purchasing the items they drop individually
- All Multiplayer matches now award 15 Relics regardless of win or loss
Balance and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with not loading into games properly
- Saviors no longer stand idle while their owner is being choked by a Hunter
- Fixed an issue with being unable to activate some Mysticals after purchasing while dead
- Plunder spawn weight adjustments
- Team colors now appear properly for all clients in a Private Match
- Fixed the Radar image for Village
- Fixed Radar when spectating a teammate
- Fixed an issue with sounds persisting after a game has finished
- Fixed an exploit on the level Auction
The original story is below.
Uncharted 4 is set to grow in a big way, as Naughty Dog will release the game's huge "Survival" update today, December 14. As announced previously, the 3 GB-plus update adds the new co-op, horde-like Survival mode, as well as two new maps, five more weapons, and new items for regular multiplayer.
Naughty Dog has not said exactly when today the update will go live. We'll report back when it pops up, at which time we'll also post the full patch notes here for you to see.
While you wait, you can watch a replay of yesterday's Uncharted 4 Survival livestream through the Twitch embed above. During the hourlong stream, Naughty Dog developers spoke at length about Survival and the new multiplayer content, showed off tons of gameplay footage, and answered questions.
Survival challenges players to progress through 50 waves of enemies. This is broken up into 10 stages, each with five waves. Each stage should take you around 15-20 minutes to clear, according to Naughty Dog.
Survival isn't just about killing enemies. There are five different types of objectives, including, "Survival (kill everyone), Siege (kill enemies from a certain location), Treasure Race (collect treasure spread across the map), Marked Man (kill a particular target), and Boss Waves (kill pirate ghosts).
The Boss Waves begin with an intro cinematic setting up the particular villain. Pulled from the game's campaign, these bosses include pirates like Henry Avery; the pirates can use Uncharted 4's mystical abilities and each has a specific tactic that it uses.
Survival supports up to three players online--unfortunately, there is no split-screen. Read GameSpot's previous coverage to learn more.
As for the new multiplayer content, two new maps (Prison and Trainwreck) are coming, while the King of the Hill mode is being added. There are 10 more levels to progress through, while there are also new weapons, "biker" and "warrior" skins, and price drops for some chests.
Survival isn't the last free update for Uncharted 4's multiplayer mode--check out the image below to get an idea for what's coming in the future.
In addition to more multiplayer content, Naughty Dog has announced a standalone DLC Uncharted game called The Lost Legacy starring Chloe and Nadine--learn more about it here.
If you're looking for a new PS4 and Uncharted 4, now is a good time to consider buying a console. Until December 24, the Uncharted 4 PS4 Slim bundle is discounted to $250 at retailers across the US.
Are you planning to jump back into Uncharted 4 to check out the new content? Let us know in the comments below!
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org