Free Uncharted 4 Expansion Arrives Tomorrow, Adds Co-Op Mode, New Maps, and More
Uncharted 4's upcoming Survival update is a big one.
[UPDATE] The livestream has now ended. You can watch it again via the Twitch archive below.
The show kicked off with the confirmation that the update that adds Survival and the new multiplayer content comes out on December 14. The patch is more than 3 GB, Naughty Dog confirmed, so it's not small. Here are some of the takeaways from the livestream.
- The multiplayer update adds five new weapons, including returning classics from past games and a heavy weapon
- There are also new biker and warrior skins for characters
- 10 more levels
- Price drops for some chests
- New boosters
- "VIP status" for people who buy Uncharted points
- New mode: King of the Hill
- Two new maps: Prison and Trainwreck (featuring music from Uncharted 2)
- New Trophies will be available
- There are two more planned Uncharted 4 multiplayer updates for the future
- Hardcore mode coming in 2017
- There will be matchmaking
The original story is below.
Naughty Dog will hold a livestream event today, December 13, to reveal more gameplay from Uncharted 4's upcoming co-op mode, Survival, and also take the lid off new multiplayer maps and other fresh content.
The stream starts at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET, and you can watch it in its entirety through the Twitch embed above. We'll update this post with details from the stream as it unfolds.
We already know a lot about Uncharted 4's Survival mode (read more about it here), but Naughty Dog hasn't said much about what to expect in terms of new multiplayer content. The developer teased that players can expect new maps and weapons, as well as a new mode.
Like all other Uncharted 4 multiplayer expansions, Survival and the new maps will be completely free when they launch this week. And more content is coming to the game down the road. Check out the roadmap below to learn more about what to expect in the future.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.