Free Last Of Us-Inspired Costumes Coming To Uncharted 4 Multiplayer
Uncharted 4's multiplayer will grow again soon.
[UPDATE 2] Naughty Dog published a blog post that covers everything that comes with the upcoming Uncharted 4 multiplayer update. You can read it here.
[UPDATE] The broadcast has now ended for the update, which comes out on Friday, March 17. Below is a roundup of the key points that were discussed.
- Will add new weapons, including assault rifles and pistols.
- More vanity items as well, including some based on the Last of Us in-game comic Savage Starlight.
- A new version of the King of the Hill mode is included. The first team to reach the point cap will then have to capture one more hill, the Victory Hill, giving the losing team one more chance.
- New taunts.
- People who buy any Uncharted Points earn VIP status, which gives you a 40 percent boost on Relics, up from 20 percent.
- The update was going to include a new map, but some "last-minute" performance issues meant that it's going to be delayed. It's coming "very soon." The map is called Treasury.
- New Boosters added to Survival mode.
- A new personal stats page will let you see all of your multiplayer achievements.
- The Classic mode will be tested again in Uncharted 4's beta test playlist in the future.
- Naughty Dog is considering a "medley" playlist that would include multiple game modes.
- There is one more major update coming to Uncharted 4 after this one.
- A colorblind option is still on the table, but is not being worked on now.
- Naughty Dog has no plans to add split-screen to Uncharted 4.
The original story is below.
Naughty Dog will announce the next free multiplayer expansion for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End during a livestream today. As announced previously, the broadcast starts at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET / 6 PM GMT and can be seen in its entirety through Naughty Dog's Twitch channel, which is embedded above.
During the broadcast, Naughty Dog will provide an overview of the content and show it off. The studio will also answer fan questions, while gaming personality SanchoWest will appear.
The new Uncharted 4 DLC will include "new weapons, vanity items, and more," Naughty Dog said. The update that adds the new content is coming soon; a release date may be announced during the stream.
This will be Uncharted 4's latest free expansion as part of a year's worth of updates. The game's previous updates added things like new maps, weapons, and emotes. One of the biggest updates, Survival, came out in December, adding a wave-based co-op mode of the update's name.
We'll update this post later today with all the details from the livestream as it unfolds.
The next Uncharted game is this year's Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. This is a standlone DLC game that focuses on the characters Nadine and Chloe, not series star Nathan Drake. It's the last Uncharted game that Naughty Dog plans to make, though a different developer could make Uncharted 5.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org