Free Ghost Recon: Wildlands Predator-Themed Jungle Storm Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
Now's your chance to hunt the Predator.
The next big update for Ghost Recon: Wildlands has arrived. Jungle Storm is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and it introduces a lot of new content to the shooter for free, including classes, maps, and a limited-time crossover event.
Among the additions the Jungle Storm update brings are two new classes for Ghost War: Pathfinder and Predator. As Ubisoft detailed last week, Pathfinder is a Marksman class that is "a stealthy Ghost equipped with a deadly crossbow who is unmarkable by drones." Predator, meanwhile, is a "reliable and versatile frontline fighter" that was inspired by Dutch, the character played by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Predator film.
Other Predator-themed content has been added to Wildlands as well, including a limited-time event that lets you hunt the Predator. The Predator Special Challenge is described as being "the most difficult fight of all" in Wildlands. It's playable both in single-player and online co-op; if you manage to kill the Predator, you'll earn a variety of exclusive items, including the Predator mask, which features a new Predator vision mode.
In addition to that, Jungle Storm introduces a pair of new maps for the Elimination and Uplink game modes. The former gets Ruins and Jungle Base, while the latter adds Scrapyard and Urban Incursion. Ranked play has been added as well. It is unlocked at level 15 and gives players the chance to work their way through the ranks from Bronze to Elite.
The Jungle Storm update weighs in at 4 GB on Steam and 13 GB on Uplay. The update can also be as large as 13 GB on PS4 and Xbox One depending on which version of the game you're playing. You can find the full patch notes for the Jungle Storm update below or on Ghost Recon: Wildlands' official website.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands Jungle Storm Update Patch Notes
- Added Ranked mode play, unlocked at level 15
- Added 3 preset slots for character customization
- Added Costumes option to character customization
- Added Player Stats page
- Added 5 class packs: Tech, Sentinel Medic, Assassin, Enforcer
- Uplink: Decreased the Access Point activation timer to 150 seconds
- Elimination: Recon tower now marks players longer (45 seconds)
- Added mines back to Sniper's class loadout
- Added a new Marksman class, the Pathfinder: equipped with a crossbow, his light step does not trigger mines and he cannot be marked by drones or Satcom trackers. This class will be exclusive to Ghost War Pass holders for 1 week.
- Added a new Assault class Predator: enters Battle Rage for a short amount of time, gaining increased health and regeneration, suppression immunity and faster revives. This class will be exclusive to Ghost War Pass holders for 1 week.
- Redesigned Tech class to increase its effectiveness: deployed jammer now destroys launched drones and prevents further deployment for 15 seconds across all the map
- Added bonus damage versus drones for all Sniper class primary weapons
- Increased Sentinel's Satcom tracker cooldown to 60 seconds (was 40)
- Reverted Enforcer Mk48 magazine size to 200 bullets
- New maps added for Elimination game mode: Ruins, Jungle Base
- New maps added for Uplink game mode: Scrapyard, Urban Incursion
- Farm Town: complete rebalance of the map, changing the bounds, spawn points and fixing an exploit
- Dust Town: rebuilt the bounds of the map to ensure no desertion occurs while still safely away from the boundary
- Mountain Village: removed access to the cliff face south of the town
- Sub Factory: patched up a hole in the world
- Warehouse: the map was slightly reworked and some navigation issues were fixed
- Burnt-Out: fixed several navigation issues
- New weapons added from the Fallen Ghosts expansion for the Assassin, Tank, Sentinel, and Scout.
- Added scope options to Diversionist's M4A1
- Reduced all pistols damage by 15%
- Reduced all weapons penetration values (except for Sniper's primary weapons)
- Increased the damage of the Assassin's Vector by 10%
- Increased the ammo capacity of the Assassin's Vector by an extra mag
- Decreased the recoil of the Scout's MP7 by 17%
- Buffed all Support classes SMGs damage by 10%
- Reverted Enforcer Mk48 magazine size to 200 rounds
- Changed C4 to behave more like a trap than a high powered grenade: reduced throw range to half and can now be only be detonated when placed
- Improvements to Quit penalty system: We reworked the penalty system to make it clearer and more transparent. The system is more lenient in Quickplay than it is in Ranked.
- Weapon stats added in Gunsmith page
- Melee takedowns now awards double the XP of a normal takedown (100)
- Recon tower now marks players longer (45 seconds)
- Auto-mark toggle should no longer affect binoculars and drone marking which are always on
- Improved map/mode rotation in Quickplay and Ranked playlists ,
- Reduced night time setting occurrence in playlists
- Dusk start time setting increased by one hour and dawn setting reduced by one hour to allow more daytime play until transition
- Improved ping placement and added out of screen feedback
- Decreased the Loadout selection timer to 30 seconds
- Removed ability to customize character between rounds to speed up class selection and ready process; only preset selection made possible
- Added new Bowman announcements for win and loss round objectives
- Players assisting teammates with kills will receive assist bonus XP
- Further tweaks to the endgame cinematics to reduce transition time to the next round
- Added ability to start a Custom Game with one player
- Downed teammate bodies should no longer block access
- Added server enforced HUD settings in Custom Game
- Inverted the Challenge of Factions pages in-game
- HUD settings should no longer reset on each update
- Fixed an issue here the night vision mode would not be kept when returning from drone
- Fixed an issue where aim assist was reset when selecting a new class
- Fixed an issue in the HUD where a "new" notifications was appearing on the STD Grenade after every reboot
- There's a new threat facing Bolivia. The Predator has come in search of new trophies. Take on this newest Legend and reap the rewards. If you want to know more, you can watch the replay of the special livestream we had on this event.
- New helicopter controls should now hide with the rest of the HUD when toggling off the HUD
- Fixed players being able to see the chat from a player they have blocked
- Fixed Tacmap tabs disappearing upon accessing the store and returning to the Tacmap from the in-game menu
- Added missing information about what bonuses have unlocked after booster activation
- Fixed the bug causing the game language to reset to English when entering the Ghost War menu, regardless of what the localization was set when entering the main game.
- Fixed an issue with the "new" notification appearing on the STD Grenade Launcher after every reboot
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com