Free Divinity: Original Sin 2 Content Update Out Right Now
One of 2017's best RPGs is becoming even better.
Larian Studios has released a free update for Divinity: Original Sin II. This new patch adds the first of several gift bags planned to drop during 2019, and fixes a few lingering bugs in the game as well.
"Working in cooperation with Fool's Theory and Anshar Studios, we have created new visual options for your characters," Larian Studios wrote in a blog post. "There are new faces for each race, more hairstyles, and additional facial features for you to use when creating a new character. You can also respec your existing characters using these new options by using the Magic Mirror aboard the Lady Vengeance."
The developer has more gifts bags planned for 2019, each of which contains "treats" that will "continue to enrich your adventures in Rivellon." Larian Studios shared no more information other than that, but promises additional details will be available "soon." As stated before, the rest of the update deals with bug fixes. The most notable of these addresses the issue with fast-travelling to the Lady Vengeance as well as the bug that causes Source to be incorrectly absorbed by Sir Lora. The full patch notes in the update is outlined below.
Divinity: Original Sin II March 8 Update Patch Notes
- Added new Character Creation assets
- Mac Pro 2013 now supported
- MacOS 10.14.4 introduces a fix for Apple Gamecenter lobbies
- Fixed a rare crash when joining multiplayer games with certain mods
- Fixed save file compatibility issue
- Fixed an issue with using the Swornbreaker in multiplayer games
- Fixed issue with player fast-traveling to Lady Vengeance
- Fixed Dashing June not taking gold from player inventory
- Fixed Sir Lora incorrectly absorbing Source
- Fixed the Frozen Family incorrectly initiating combat if defrosted in a certain way
- Fixed issue with Malady not appearing on the lower deck in some situations
- Fixed issues with players not receiving Seascape and Liberator achievements
- Fixed issues with The Gargoyle's Maze quest not appearing in the Journal under certain circumstances
- GM: Fixed issues with certain children missing faces and limbs when switching torsos
- Fixed minor visual and audio issues
- Fixed some dialogue issues
- Fixed UI cutoff in Spanish
Divinity: Original Sin II is one of the few games we've given a 10/10, and it went on to be included in our list of top 10 games for 2017. In our Divinity: Original Sin II review, Brett Todd wrote, "From lonely farmhouses through pitched battles with gods in far-flung dimensions, Divinity: Original Sin II is one of the most captivating role-playing games ever made in both its original and Definitive incarnations, with the latter proving that even the most complicated role-players can be ported successfully to gamepad-limited consoles. This immaculately conceived and emotion-wrought fantasy world, topped by brilliant tactical combat, make it one of the finest games of recent years, and it remains an instant classic in the pantheon of RPG greats."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org