Forza 6 NASCAR Expansion Out Now, Watch First Trailer
Plus, total Forza franchise player userbase on Xbox One now stands at 11 million.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Following a leak last week, Microsoft today confirmed Xbox One racing game Forza 6 is getting a NASCAR-themed expansion. Not only has the expansion been announced, but you don't have to wait to play it, as it's out now.
One of the key additions in the new NASCAR expansion is a World Tour career mode, which Microsoft says includes "over 10 hours of racing." It also has an element of fantasy to it, allowing players to compete in races with combinations of stock cars and open wheel cars, among others.
"Whether battling it out against GT and endurance racers from the world’s top motorsports leagues, sharing the track with open wheelers from IndyCar and Formula E, or testing the limits on classic American ovals like Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Daytona International Speedway, this is NASCAR like you've never experienced it before," reads a line from the expansion's description.
As for the new cars, the Forza 6 NASCAR expansion adds 24 models from racing teams like Joe Gibbs Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, and Team Penske.
Among the cars are those driven by NASCAR stars like Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, and Chase Elliott. Additionally, Johnson, Busch, and Elliott have lent their voices to the game.
The new track included with the expansion is, as rumored, Homestead Miami Speedway. Forza 6 already had NASCAR courses like Daytona International Speedway and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Forza 6's NASCAR expansion is available today for $20. You can check out this post on the Forza website to learn more about the add-on. The full list of cars in the expansion can be seen below.
Forza 6 NASCAR Expansion Car List:
- 2016 Chevrolet #1 Chip Ganassi Racing McDonald's Chevy SS
- 2016 Chevrolet #42 Chip Ganassi Racing Target Chevy SS
- 2016 Toyota #11 Joe Gibbs Racing FedEx Express Camry
- 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing M&M's Camry
- 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Interstate Batteries Camry
- 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Arris Camry
- 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Stanley Camry
- 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Subway Camry
- 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Dollar General Camry
- 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Dewalt Camry
- 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Jimmy John's Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Outback Steakhouse Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #10 Stewart-Haas Racing Nature's Bakery Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Mobil 1 Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #41 Stewart-Haas Racing Haas Automation Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports Farmers Insurance Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports Great Clips Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #24 Hendrick Motorsports NAPA Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #48 Hendrick Motorsports Lowe's Super Sport
- 2016 Chevrolet #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport
- 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Alliance Truck Parts Fusion
- 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Brad K. Fusion
- 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske Shell-Pennzoil Fusion
- 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske AAA Fusion
The last Forza 6 expansion before this one was March's Porsche-themed add-on.
In other news about the Forza brand, the beta for a version of Forza 6 titled "Apex Edition" launched Windows 10 PCs earlier this month. It represents the first Forza game ever released on PC. Looking ahead, Microsoft has confirmed that all future Forza games will be made for console and PC.
Finally, Microsoft announced today that the Forza franchise has now reached more than 11 million unique players on Xbox One. This figure counts players across Forza 5, Forza 6, and Forza Horizon 2. The next Forza game will be detailed next month at E3.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com