Fortnite's Week 3 Challenges: Flying Disc Toy, Driftboard Tricks, And More (Season 9)
Fly, you fools!
Fortnite is now in its third week of Season 9, and like clockwork, a new batch of challenges is available in the game. If you're trying to unlock some of the new cosmetic customization options included in this season's Battle Pass, you'll need to complete these challenges and earn the Battle Stars awarded for doing so. These will level your Battle Pass up and make those rewards available.
As always, there are two sets of challenges, one for everyone to complete and then a second set exclusive to those that have spent V-Bucks to purchase a premium pass. Free challenges this week include pulling off tricks with the Driftboard, searching chests, and dishing out damage after hopping out of the Slipstream.
Premium Battle Pass owners will also need to visit a bunch of specific locations as part of a multi-stage challenge, play with the Flying Disc toy, take out enemies with explosive eliminations, and deal damage with numerous weapons in one match. We've put a detailed list of the Week 3 challenges below.
- Stage 1: Land a trick with a Driftboard (1) -- 2 Battle Star
- Search chests at Lonely Lodge or Polar Peak (7) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to an opponent within 10s after using a Slipstream (200) -- 10 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Visit Happy Hamlet and Shifty Shafts in a single match (2) -- 1 Battle Star
- Throw the Flying Disc toy and catch it before it lands (1) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Explosive weapon eliminations (3) -- 10 Battle Stars
- Deal damage with different weapons in a single match (5) -- 10 Battle Stars
Fortnite's 9.10 update was released on May 22 and developer Epic Games published the full patch notes alongside it. Among the new additions was Hot Spots, which are areas on the map that will have better loot, as well as a new limited-time mode that ties in with the Michael Jordan brand.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.