Fortnite's Patch Notes (New 6.22 Update): Heavy AR, NFL Skins, Team Terror LTM, And More
Double the fun.
The latest update for Fortnite has arrived, and it introduces a variety of new content on the Battle Royale and Save the World sides of the game. Update 6.22 is out now--as are Week 7 challenges--and Epic Games has shared the full patch notes that cover all the additions and changes, including some new limited-time modes and a weapon. Here's what's new.
The new gun is the Heavy AR, which was announced through the in-game news feed recently. It comes in Rare, Epic, and Legendary forms, and you'll find it in chests, vending machines, and supply drops, and as floor loot. Another notable item-related change is a significant decrease in the drop rate of the recently added balloons.
The first of the new LTMs is Team Terror. It pits two teams of 32 against each other with the goal of wiping out the opposing side. The wrinkle is that Cube Monsters, the enemies that players had to contend with during the recent Fortnitemares event, will also attack you. Of course, they can drop some nice loot, so it might make sense to deal with them before enemy players.
The second LTM is the returning Blitz. This takes the basic Battle Royale gameplay and speeds things up, as the storm circle begins closing in right from the start of the match. It will also close in more frequently than usual, leading to matches that should last no longer than 15 minutes. To further speed things up, there's more loot to find around the map.
You can check out the patch notes for the Fortnite: Battle Royale below. Head to the Fortnite website to see what's new with the Save the World mode--that includes a continuation of the co-op mode's Fortnitemares event.
Epic Games also recently announced a partnership with the NFL to bring football skins to Fortnite. These will be based on real-world jerseys, and although they're featured on Epic's patch notes page for this update, they're set to arrive later this week. The outfits will be available for purchase from Fortnite's in-game shop, but Epic hasn't announced pricing details yet. All 32 NFL teams will be represented, and Epic says you'll also be able to customize your jersey with any number from 0-99. The skins will be available in the store beginning at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET on November 9.
Fortnite: Battle Royale Update 6.22 Patch Notes
Limited-Time Event: Team Terror
Monsters have invadsed the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Limited-Time Event: Blitz!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
Weapons + Items
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We've reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back to 8 damage from 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation