Fortnite's Ghost Rider Cup Is Live Now
You'll have to place well in the tournament if you want him for free.
[Update: Fortnite's Ghost Rider Cup has officially gone live. The full rules, including the event structure, are available on game's official website. This also features information on scoring and scheduling, as well as prizes.
Fortnite is getting its next Marvel hero later this week. Ghost Rider is coming to the battle royale as part of another Marvel Knockout Super Series tournament. You can earn the skin for free if you place well in the competition.
Sometimes the legends are true...🔥— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) November 2, 2020
→ Ghost Rider Cup feat. Marvel Knockout LTM
→ Nov 4
🏆 Ghost Rider Outfit
→ Mark your calendars, the next two in the series are on Nov 11 & Nov 18th!
🔗: https://t.co/EVn30UDQbX pic.twitter.com/lNT3xaBfGI
Based on an early leak, the skins will look about how you'd expect them to. Ghost Rider himself has a spiky jacket, spiky belt, spiky boots, and spiky shoulder pads, and there are also spikes all over his Ghost Glider. His pickaxe and back bling are also suffienctly firey and dangerous.
The tournament takes place on November 4. Players need to form a three-person squad in order to participate. The top players in each region will earn their own Ghost Rider skin and back bling. The cosmetics will be purchasable for $20 USD in the item shop, just like the Daredevil skin, sometime after the event. You can see the full rules for the tournament on Epic's official site. Here's where you need to place in order to earn the reward:
- Europe - Top 800
- NA East - Top 500
- NA West - Top 200
- Brazil - Top 200
- Asia - Top 100
- Oceania - Top 100
- Middle East - Top 100
Marvel Knockout is a limited-time mode that pits teams against each other with special Marvel items. Every player is given select abilities from a pool of heroes like Dr. Doom, Iron Man, She-Hulk, Storm, Black Panther, Wolverine, Groot, and others. This announcement means Marvel Knockout will also return to regular playlists. It's great for earning experience quickly.
This is the second of four special Marvel Knockout tournaments. The first awarded select players with a Daredevil skin, back bling, harvesting tool, and glider. Two more are scheduled for November 11 and 18. A special finale tournament with a cash prize will take place on November 22.
- Fortnite Crew Subscribers Can Get 3 Months Of Spotify Premium For Free Soon
- New Fortnite Balance Update Affects Most Seasonal Weapons
- Brie Larson's Fortnite Locker Now Available
- Fortnite Is Getting New DC Comics Cosmetics All Summer Alongside Comic Arc
- Sony Invests $200 Million More Into Fortnite Developer Epic To Help Create The "Metaverse"
- Fortnite 16.20 Patch Notes Add Chonkers Off-Road Tires
- Fortnite Adds Horizon Zero Dawn's Aloy Next Week
- March's Top-Selling PSN Games Revealed For PS5, PS4, PSVR, And Free-To-Play
- Fortnite Recycler Gun: Where To Find, Stats, And How To Use
- Fortnite: Eliminate Raptor, Zenith, or Blackheart Locations
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.