Fortnite Update Adds Split-Screen On PS4 And Xbox One
Play the battle royale game on the couch with your friend on the same system.
Ahead of tonight's The Game Awards, where a "special announcement" will be revealed, a brand-new Fortnite patch is now live for mobile devices, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The update brings a host of fixes and tweaks, as well as a new way to play on consoles.
Fortnite's latest update, v11.30, introduces split-screen cooperative to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Though it's an "early release" of the feature, which will continue to receive updates in the future, you can use split-screen in both Duos and Squads with your friend on the same system.
Elsewhere in the patch, the ammo indicator has been changed, offering a better visual representation in the form of numbers instead of the solid bar the game used previously. Other fixes and tweaks include addressing issues with missing and/or incomplete textures, preventing the Social menu on the Friends List from auto-scrolling, increasing the daily Item Shop gifting limit, and more.
- Where To Find Candy In Fortnite
- Where To Place Ghostbusters Signs And Deploy A Ghost Trap In Fortnite
- Where To Find The Ghostbusters NPC In Fortnite: Mini-Pufts, Mechanical Parts, And More
- Where To Deploy Seismographs In Fortnite
- Where To Launch Signal Flares In Fortnite
- Where To Reveal The Command Symbol In Fortnite
A new leak suggests developer Epic Games is looking into altering its traditional Battle Pass structure by offering some sort of all-encompassing Annual Pass. We'll learn more during tonight's Game Awards show, as well as whether this leak is the "special announcement" Epic Games has planned.
Fortnite v11.30 Full Patch Notes
- Introducing Split Screen.
- Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
- Preview what's in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
- With Party Hub, you can now preview what's new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
- To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap "Preview Items."
- Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
- Changed Ammo Indicator.
- Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
- You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By" screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
- To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press "Continue" on the "Eliminated By" screen.
- Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14 at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET.
- Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
- Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
- The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
- Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
- The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
- Resolved an issue involving players' Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.