Fortnite Superman Skin Live Now: Bug Solved, Superman Quests, And How To Unlock
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a Battle Pass!
Superman is live in Fortnite today, which is earlier than we initially expected, as the latest crossover between Fortnite and, well, everything. The Justice League hero is the Season 7 "midseason skin," though he arrives in-game in Week 10 of a projected 14-week season, bringing new Superman Quests and new cosmetics for all players to earn with the Battle Pass. Fortnite loves spotlighting licensed characters in its Battle Pass "secret" characters, and players love to debate these collaborations each month. Few are more world-famous than Superman himself, as he's the original, and now he can be yours if you complete all Superman Quests. We have all the information you need on how and when to unlock Superman in Fortnite.
Fortnite Superman Skin Release Date
Head into Fortnite and you'll see a renewed Battle Pass system that uses Battle Stars, allowing players to unlock items at their preferred pace and in their preferred order. However, no matter how quickly you've accrued Battle Stars this season, Superman has been off-limits--until now. As the midseason unlockable skin, Superman will be in the game starting today, August 10.
Because that is not a Thursday, he'll be first available before the Epic Quests from the Week 10 challenges go live. Joining Superman in the Battle Pass will be nine other items to complete his cosmetic set.
Fortnite Superman Cosmetics
You'll see new challenges in-game, some specifically for Superman and others that demand you've completed a set number of Epic Quests during the season--hopefully you've been keeping up each week. Completing the full list spread across both categories will earn you all related Superman cosmetics including the Clark Kent outfit, the Secret Identity emote, and more. Here's all you can unlock:
- Superman Shield Spray
- Call To Action Emoticon
- The Daily Planet Back Bling
- Secret Identity Built-In Emote (Superman skin)
- Kal-El's Cape Glider
- The Last Son of Crypton Loading Screen
- Solitude Striker Pickaxe
- Superman Banner Icon
- Superman Shadow Style
Fortnite Superman Quests
Several of Superman's DC Comics allies will be assigning quests to you beginning the week of August 10, and you'll want to complete all of them to unlock the full set of cosmetics, as seen in the below trio. You'll have until the end of the season in mid-September to complete the list, so grab them all before Season 8 begins, or else they'll be locked forever. Here are the challenges you'll need to complete to unlock all of those Superman cosmetics and, where applicable, which quest-giver is responsible for each quest:
- Take damage from a player and survive (Beast Boy)
- Reach speed 99 in a vehicle (Beast Boy)
- Use a Launchpad (Armored Batman)
- Fly a Saucer (Armored Batman)
- Visit three Different Named Locations (Clark Kent)
- Visit the Mothership or an Alien Biome (Clark Kent)
- Defeat Aliens (Armored Batman, Beast Boy, and Clark Kent)
- Complete Quests from Clark Kent, Armored Batman, or Best Boy (0/1)
- Complete Quests from Clark Kent, Armored Batman, or Best Boy (0/3)
- Complete Quests from Clark Kent, Armored Batman, or Best Boy (0/5)
- Glide through rings as Clark Kent (0/5)
- Use a phone booth as Clark Kent (0/1)
- Complete Epic Quests (0/63)
- Complete Epic Quests (0/68)
- Complete Epic Quests (0/73)
- Complete Epic Quests (0/78)
- Complete Epic Quests (0/84)
A bug had previously been stopping some of these characters from appearing in the game, rendering the quest uncompletable. However, this has been resolved.
Superman is the most popular character in the Season 7 Battle Pass, but he's joined by others like a customizable alien, a digital TikTok star, and more. See them all in the Battle Pass overview. Then make sure to get up to speed on the Fortnite Season 7 new weapons, catch up with the Rift Tour and learn how to open Cosmic Chests. You can also learn where to find UFOs, and get acquainted with the map changes.
- Fortnite Snap Quests - Where To Find All Tover Tokens And Unlock All Cosmetics
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map Changes
- Fortnite Miles Morales And Green Goblin Skins Teased On Chapter 3 Map
- + Show More Fortnite News Links (3)
- How To Use Tents In Fortnite: Campsites Explained
- Fortnite Victory Crowns Explained: Why Some Players' Names Are In Gold
- All New Weapons And Items In Fortnite Chapter 3
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation