Fortnite Season 7 Week 1 Challenges Guide
It's a whole new world with new Fortnite challenges.
Week 1 challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 are now live, coinciding with the launch of the new update and season. Below, you'll get a rundown on all of the new Epic and Legendary challenges, how to complete them, and the rewards you can expect. Completing these will help to boost your Battle Pass progress, letting you earn new cosmetics more quickly.
Week 1 Epic Quests
- Collect different weapon types (5) - 30,000 XP
- Search chests at Steamy Stacks or Craggy Cliffs (7) - 30,000 XP
- Deal Damage with Pulse Rifle (500) - 30,000 XP
- Elimination with the Rail Gun (1) - 30,000 XP
- Accept a quest from a payphone (1) - 30,000 XP
- Upgrade weapons at upgrade benches (3) - 30,000 XP
- Buy a shield potion from a Mending Machine (1) - 30,000 XP
Week 1 Legendary Quests
- Converse with Sunny, Abstrakt, Dreamflower, Riot or Bushranger (0/3) - 45,000 XP
- Collect Stone From The Aftermath (0/100) - 30,000 XP
- Collect 10 different IO tech weapons (0/3) - 30,000 XP
- Interact with Bunker Jonesy's conspiracy board (0/1) - 30,000 XP
- Place rubber ducks in Retail Row, Pleasant Park and Believer Beach (0/3) - 30,000 XP
As you can see, this week's Legendary Quests aren't repetitive as they have been in recent seasons, and instead focus a bit more on story elements surrounding the alien invasion. Some of these challenges are quite simple even if it's your first time playing on the new map. Collecting five different weapon types, for example, is pretty self-explanatory. We went over some of the new weapons in our Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 overview.
Steamy Stacks and Craggy Cliffs are just where they were last season, so look to the northeast quadrant of the island for these named locations. The Pulse Rifle can't be found in any special spot, so if you happen upon one, preferably in Team Rumble where you can respawn, hold onto it and do some damage. The same goes for the Rail Gun. Payphones are scattered all over the map and operate a bit like NPCs, who themselves still roam the island. Pick up any payphone and accept a quest to complete that challenge. Mending Machines are similarly ubiquitous.
The Aftermath is the new location in the exact center of the island (last season's The Spire). Head there to collect stone for that challenge. The rest of the Legendary Quests will get their own guides shortly, so stay tuned as we bring you continued coverage of Fortnite Season 7. We've also got a guide on where to find Alien Artifacts so you can start customizing Kymera, as well as a full list of all the unvaulted weapons for this season.
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 Battle Pass Adds Superman, Rick & Morty's Rick
- Fortnite Season 7 Weapons Guide: Vaulted And Unvaulted Weapons
- Fortnite Season 7 Week 1 Challenges
- Fortnite Alien Artifacts - What They Are And Where To Find Them
- What's New In Fortnite Season 7: Superman, Rick And Morty, UFOs, New Weapons, And More