Fortnite Season 2 Update Patch Notes Still Not Public, But Fans Create Unofficial List
Update 12.0: New weapons, points of interest, and...teleporting toilets?
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 is live now for everyone across all platforms, bringing with it new locations to explore, a new spy-themed skins, and even Deadpool. But what gameplay tweaks and fixes are included in the large patch, update 12.0? That's a little harder to discern than you might hope, given that Epic Games has typically stopped releasing official patch notes for the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite. But that doesn't mean you're completely out of luck if you're looking for the nitty-gritty details on what's new in Season 2.
Thanks to the collective efforts of players on the official subreddit (and graciously collected by The Ace) we have some indication of what weapons have been vaulted, what bugs have been squashed, and what new gameplay mechanics have been introduced in Chapter 2, Season 2.
A large part of this new season are five new points of interest around the map, each of which feature NPCs defending rare weapons for you to collect. Additionally, you can now creep around the map Solid Snake style in a cardboard box, use dumpsters and toilets to teleport around the map, and throw consumable items like bandages to teammates around you.
- Fortnite Snap Quests - Where To Find All Tover Tokens And Unlock All Cosmetics
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map Changes
- Fortnite Miles Morales And Green Goblin Skins Teased On Chapter 3 Map
- How To Use Tents In Fortnite: Campsites Explained
- Fortnite Victory Crowns Explained: Why Some Players' Names Are In Gold
- All New Weapons And Items In Fortnite Chapter 3
There are also a lot of weapons being brought back from the vault this season, including most suppressed weapons, remote explosives, and the mythic mingun. That comes at the expense of the bolt action sniper, P90, and damage traps all being placed in the vault until further notice.
You can check out the full list of currently verified changes below (thanks The Ace on the official subreddit). We'll update the list accordingly as things change.
Weapons And Item Changes
- Damage Traps
- Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
- Minigun (Mythic)
- Remote Explosives
- Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle
- Suppressed Pistol
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Grapplers (Mythic)
- Drum Gun (Mythic)
- Launch Pad (in competitive playlists)
- Boom Bow (Mythic)
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Every new POI can drop one of the Mythic items through killing NPCs
- Added "crates" that can be opened using an "ID Scan"
- Added some mythic items
- Added "key cards" that guides you to vaults containing several crates
- Added "Decoy Grenade"
- Added a Creeping Cardboard with similar functionality as a Bush
- You can now throw consumable items
- Added NPCs that can be killed that drop loot, but they shoot at you!
- Upgrading weapons now take longer
- Toilets and dumpsters act like portals - hiding in one will teleport you to its' correspondent!
- The issue with not being able to edit cones if standing inside it has been fixed
- Added the following POIs:
- The Yacht
- The Agency
- The Rig
- The Shark
- The Grotto
Changed the emote UI
- Friend selection/scrolling issue.
- Getting stuck on loading screen after accepting invite before selecting game mode.
- Unable to select traps with a controller when 'Pick up' indicator is on-screen.
- Battle Royale
- Crash when selecting Controller settings menu that may result in blank controller layout.
- Picking up DBNO teammate when trying to switch to Pickaxe.
- Refunding can block input in the lobby.
- "Could not join party" message wrongly occurring.
- Temporarily unable to move or do any other action after Emoting.
- Delay in movement after using movement key to exit inventory.
- Players cannot disable Parental Controls.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.