Fortnite Season 2 Challenges: Safe Houses; Spy Bases; Gnomes; And More
A new season of Fortnite: Battle Royale has arrived, and it's brought some new challenges; here are all our maps and guides to help you complete them.
We're quickly nearing the end of Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 2. Since the season began back in February, developer Epic Games has introduced a host of new content and other changes to the popular battle royale shooter, including a variety of spy-themed gameplay mechanics and even a Deadpool skin.
One thing that hasn't changed, however, is challenges. Every week throughout the season, Epic has been rolling out a new set of challenges for Battle Pass holders to complete. Clearing these will help level up your Battle Pass, which in turn will unlock exclusive cosmetic rewards like new skins when you hit certain milestones. You can take a look at some of the ones up that are for grabs in our Fortnite Season 2 Battle Pass skins gallery.
Season 2 was originally scheduled to end on April 30, but it has now been extended until June 17, so there's still some time left to complete any weekly challenges you may have missed. We've rounded up our maps and guides for the trickier missions below. We'll continue to update this list with more maps and guides as the season progresses, so be sure to check back often if you need help leveling up your Battle Pass.
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 2 Challenges
- Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 2 Challenges
- Storm The Agency Challenges
- Location Domination (Week 12 Overtime Challenges)
- Location Domination (Week 11 Overtime Challenges)
- Deadpool Challenges
- Travis Scott Astronomical Challenges (Limited Time)
- Midas' Mission (Week 10)
- Midas' Mission (Week 9)
- Skye's Adventure (Week 8)
- Skye's Adventure (Week 7)
- Meowscles' Mischief (Week 6)
- Meowscles' Mischief (Week 5)
- TNTina's Trial (Week 4)
- TNTina's Trial (Week 3)
- Brutus's Briefing (Week 2)
- Brutus's Briefing (Week 1)
Storm The Agency Challenges
- Land at The Agency
- Survive Storm Circles (10)
- Open a faction locked chest at different Spy Bases (3)
- Swim over hatches at The Agency (5)
- Eliminate a Henchman at different Safe Houses (3)
Open A Faction Locked Chest At Different Spy Bases
Much like the safe houses you need to visit for a different Storm the Agency challenge, spy bases have been a fixture of the map since the start of Season 2. These are a bit more overt than the safe houses, however; while those are disguised to look like regular buildings, the spy bases are all named locations, so they're much easier to track down. The Grotto, The Rig, and The Yacht are perhaps the most notable spy bases, so those are the best places to look.
Each of these areas features a handful of faction locked chests, but you can't open the chests like normal; you'll first need to hop into a phone booth and disguise yourself, which will then allow you to unlock them. Fortunately, each base is located very close to a phone booth, so you shouldn't have much trouble completing the challenge.
Eliminate A Henchman At Different Safe Houses
Shadow's safe houses have been a fixture of the map since Season 2 began, but they're tricky to find because of their inconspicuous appearance. The safe houses are all disguised to look like normal buildings from the outside, but there are some telltale signs that give them away. You'll know for sure when you stumble upon one as they're swarming with AI henchmen, so you'll need to be cautious when approaching them. We've marked down the safe house locations on the map above.
Location Domination (Week 12 Overtime Challenges)
- Eliminate players or Henchmen at The Rig
- Search ammo boxes at Sweaty Sands
- Eliminate players at or Henchmen at The Shark
- Search chests at Craggy Cliffs
- Place top 10 after landing at Frenzy Farm
- Collect wood at Weeping Woods
- Destroy Teddy Bears at Holly Hedges
- Apply Shield or Healing items at Shanty Town or The Orchard
- Damage players at Salty Springs
- Catch weapons at Misty Meadows
Destroy Teddy Bears At Holly Hedges
The first set of of Location Domination challenges had a mission to destroy gnomes, and now you'll need to destroy teddy bears at Holly Hedges. Like other Overtime challenges, you'll earn a different amount of XP depending on how many bears you destroy. Fortunately, you don't need to break them all in a single round, so you can return to the area across multiple matches and make progress. You can see the locations of all the Teddy Bears we've found on the map above.
Apply Shield Or Healing Items At Shanty Town Or The Orchard
For this challenge, you'll need to use healing or shield items at Shanty Town or The Orchard. The trickiest part of this task is actually finding the areas, as neither is explicitly displayed on the game's map. The Orchard is located in the northern edge of Frenzy Farm in grid square F3, while Shanty Town is just north of The Rig, in B6. We've marked the exact locations of both areas on the map above.
Location Domination (Week 11 Overtime Challenges)
- Eliminate players or Henchman at Pleasant Park
- Open chests locked by an ID scanner at The Grotto
- Throw Henchmen overboard at The Yacht
- Destroy Gnomes at Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet
- Damage players at The Agency
- Collect metal at Hydro 16 or Compact Cars
- Search ammo boxes at Lazy Lake
- Search chests at Retail Row
- Catch fish at Slurpy Swamp
- Place top 10 after landing at Dirty Docks
Destroy Gnomes At Camp Cod Or Fort Crumpet
In the same week that Fortnite's secret No Right to Bear Arms challenge asks you to disarm gnomes and bears to prevent a war, Epic rolls out an Overtime challenge to destroy gnomes at Camp Cod or Fort Crumpet. Unlike regular weekly challenges, there are multiple milestones for this mission, and you'll receive a different amount of XP each time you hit one of those. Your best bet for completing this challenge is Fort Crumpet, as the gnomes are all located fairly close together there and the area contains enough of them to hit the seven milestone easily. You can see where Camp Cod and Fort Crumpet are located on the map above.
- Find Deadpool's letter to Epic Games
- Don't thank the bus driver
- Find Deadpool's milk carton
- Find Deadpool's chimichangas around HQ
- Find Deadpool's toilet plunger
- Destroy toilets (3)
- Find Deadpool's katanas (2)
- Deal damage to opponents' structures (10,000)
- Find Deadpool's stuffed unicorn
- Visit the Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple Steel Bridges
- Find Deadpool's big black marker
- Deface 3 Ghost or Shadow recruitment posters
- Find Deadpool's 2 pistols
- Enter a phone booth or port-a-potty to become the Super-est of Superheroes
- Find Deadpool's pool floaty
- Dance at Deadpool's Yacht party
- Find Deadpool's Shorts
- Salute Deadpool's Pants
Find Deadpool's Shorts
Another Deadpool skin is up for grabs if you can complete Week 9's Deadpool challenges. The first asks you to find Deadpool's shorts, and as usual, you don't need to jump into a match to do so; the shorts are hidden around the main HQ, specifically on the armchair in Midas' room. For the second Week 9 Deadpool challenge, you'll need to salute Deadpool's pants. These can be found atop one of the buildings on the eastern side of Sweaty Sands. Once you find the pants, approach them and a prompt to salute them will pop up.
Find Deadpool's Pool Floaty
As has been the case every week, the first Week 8 Deadpool challenge doesn't require you to jump into a match at all; you can find Deadpool's pool floaty around the main HQ. Specifically, the floaty is on the floor of Skye's room, in the lower right corner of the screen. Once you spot the floaty, simply click on it to complete this step of the challenge. After that's done, jump into a match, make your way to the Yacht--where Deadpool is hosting a huge shindig--and use a dance emote to complete both Week 8 challenges and unlock the unmasked Deadpool skin.
Find Deadpool's 2 Pistols
The first of Week 7's Deadpool challenges asks you to find Deadpool's pistols. Like previous challenges, these are hidden around the main HQ, so you don't need to jump into a match to find them. The first is laying conspicuously under the table that displays this season's challenges, while the second is located by the barbells in the lower right-hand corner of Meowscles' room.
Find Deadpool's Katanas
The first Week 4 Deadpool challenge has you searching for Deadpool's katanas. As usual, these are extremely easy to find. The first is in Deadpool's hideout; you'll see it sticking out of the mirror in the center of the screen. The second katana, meanwhile, is leaning against the back wall in the Upgrade Vault. Once you complete this and the other Week 4 Deadpool challenge (deal 10,000 damage to opponents' structures), you'll unlock the Deadpool's Katanas back bling.
Travis Scott Astronomical Challenges (Limited Time)
- Dance for 10 seconds on the dance floor at the Yacht or Apres Ski
- Bounce off of different giant Astro heads
- Visit the stage north of Sweaty Sands
Bounce Off Giant Astro Heads
Tying into the special Travis Scott Astronomical concert happening in Fortnite this week, Epic is offering a limited-time set of Astronomical challenges. The most involved of these asks you to bounce off of different giant Astro heads, all of which are located around Sweaty Sands, where the concert is taking place. You should have no trouble finding the heads; they look like giant, inflatable versions of Travis Scott's face, making them hard to miss. You can see exactly where the Astro heads are located on the map above.
Midas' Mission (Week 10)
- Eliminate players with a shotgun, AR, and SMG (3)
- Search chests in different matches (7)
- Eliminate a player or Henchman with a Legendary or Boss weapon (3)
- Heal teammates with a Bandage Bazooka (200)
- Dance within 10 seconds of knocking a Henchman (3)
- Search different Golden Pipe Wrenches (5)
- Catch a fish while riding in a Choppa (3)
- Deal damage to players or Henchmen at the Yacht and The Agency in a single match (2)
- Visit The Agency, Hayman, and Greasy Graves in a single match
- Deal damage to Henchmen while disguised (100)
Search Different Golden Pipe Wrenches
Like the previous batch of Midas' Mission challenges, one of Week 10's challenges has you searching for a golden item, specifically golden pipe wrenches. Of course, these are scattered all around the island, but they're all fittingly located near areas that have some kind of pipework. We've marked down all the golden pipe wrench locations on the map above. If you need more help finding them, you can also see the wrenches' exact coordinates below:
- On top of Lockie's Lighthouse in C1
- In front of the pipe statue in B6
- At the Pipeman landmark in D8
- Outside of Steamy Stacks in H2
- Western side of Dirty Docks in H4
Visit The Agency, Hayman, And Greasy Graves
To complete this challenge, you'll need to visit three specific locations in a single match: The Agency, Hayman, and Greasy Graves. The Agency should be the easiest to find--it's located directly in the center of the map, so you can't miss it--but the other two areas are a bit more obscure. Hayman is by Frenzy Farm in grid square E4, while Greasy Graves is located between Holly Hedges and Weeping Woods, in grid square C5. You can see where all three areas are located on the map above.
Midas' Mission (Week 9)
- Search chests in different named locations (5)
- Deal damage to players with Sniper Rifles (300)
- Upgrade a weapon to Legendary rarity at an Upgrade Bench
- Search a Llama, Legendary Chest, or Supply Drop (1)
- Deal damage to a Choppa with a passenger or pilot inside (100)
- Collect XP Coins (5)
- Carry a giant pink teddy bear found in Risky Reels 100m
- Search Midas' golden llama between a junk yard, gas station, and RV campsite
- Gather intel during Spy Games Operation matches (10)
- Earn Survival, Combat, or Scavenger Gold Medals (1)
Collect XP Coins
As their name suggests, XP Coins are tokens that dole out a certain amount of XP--depending on their color--when you grab them. There are a ton of these scattered around the island, but you only need to collect five to complete this challenge, so it shouldn't pose much trouble. You'll likely come across a few of them just by playing normally, but if you want to speed things up, you can head to Slurpy Swamp; there's a purple coin by the Slurp factory and four green coins in the swamp around it, making that a good place to look.
Search Midas' Golden Llama Between A Junk Yard, Gas Station, And RV Campsite
Week 9's challenges revolve around Midas, and fittingly, one asks you to search his golden llama, which is hidden somewhere between a junk yard, gas station, and RV campsite. You don't need to visit all three of those places before you can find the llama, but it helps to know where they are.
The junk yard in question is Compact Cars, one of Season 2's landmarks. It's located in grid square G4, which is also where the gas station is. The RV campsite, meanwhile, is just to the north in grid square G3. That means the golden llama is hidden in the lower portion of G3, almost exactly in the middle between Frenzy Farm, Steamy Stacks, and Dirty Docks. You can see its precise location on the map above.
Skye's Adventure (Week 8)
- Search chests at landmarks (10)
- Eliminate players with SMGs from within 15m (3)
- Hit 5 consecutive weak points while harvesting materials
- Fly a Choppa under the purple, red, and blue steel bridges
- Stoke a campfire, consume a Foraged Apple, and consume a Foraged Mushroom
- Land at The Shark and visit The Agency in the same match
- Hit pistol headshots on players or henchman (10)
- Search Skye's Sword in a Stone found in high places (5)
- Block damage with a Kingsman (200)
- Bounce on Crash Pads in different matches (3)
Fly A Choppa Under The Purple, Red, And Blue Steel Bridges
One of the trickier Week 8 challenges asks you to fly a Choppa under the purple, red, and blue steel bridges. The purple steel bridge can be found in grid square C6, north of Slurpy Swamp; the red steel bridge is south of Pleasant Park in grid square D3; and the blue steel bridge is east of Pleasant Park in E2. You can see where all three bridges are located--along with the other colored bridges--on the map above.
You can find Choppas at just about any helipad around the island, but there's one conveniently in Pleasant Park, which is near two of the bridges you need to visit. We'd recommend landing there, hopping in a Choppa, and flying beneath the blue and red bridges first before making your way to the purple one.
Search Skye's Sword In A Stone
For this challenge, you'll need to search Skye's sword in a stone. There are several swords scattered around the map, and as the challenge teases, they're typically located in high places like mountaintops. You need to track down five swords to complete this challenge, but we've found at least nine of them across the island, giving you plenty of options. We've marked down the locations of all the swords we've found on above.
Skye's Adventure (Week 7)
- Visit The Shark, Rapid's Rest, and Gorgeous Gorge
- Search Chests at Spy Bases (7)
- Pull a player or Henchman with a Harpoon Gun (1)
- Visit Skye's coastal campsites (3)
- Escape a Vault using a Secret Passage (1)
- Consume Foraged Items at Weeping Woods or The Orchard (10)
- Hide in a Creepin' Cardboard at the Box Factory (1)
- Deal damage to players with SMGs or Pistols (400)
- Collect 75 of each material within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus
- Mark an Uncommon, Rare, and Epic item (3)
Visit The Shark, Rapid's Rest, And Gorgeous Gorge
The first Skye's Adventure challenge asks you to visit three specific locations: The Shark, Rapid's Rest, and Gorgeous Gorge. The Shark is the most obvious; it's the island in the northwest corner of the map, in grid square B1. Gorgeous Gorge is located between The Agency and Lazy Lake in grid square E5, and Rapid's Rest is directly southeast of it in grid square G6. You can see where all three areas are on the map above.
Hide In A Creepin' Cardboard At The Box Factory
In keeping with this season's spy theme, one of Week 7's Skye's Adventure challenges asks you to hide in a Creepin' Cardboard at the Box Factory. The trickiest part of this challenge is actually finding the Box Factory, as it's a fairly nondescript building, but it's located southwest of Retail Row in grid square G7. The factory, fittingly, has many Creepin' Cardboard boxes you can hide in, so find one, interact with it, and you'll complete the challenge. You can see exactly where the Box Factory is located on the map above.
Meowscles' Mischief (Week 6)
- Search chests at Frenzy Farm or Steam Stacks (10)
- Deal damage to players using Assault Rifles (1,000)
- Search a chest within 10 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus (10)
- Deal damage to players while riding in a Choppa (200)
- Catch a weapon, a can, and a fish (3)
- Eliminate opponents at the Yacht or Salty Springs (5)
- Destroy dog houses (3)
- Block damage with a Decoy Grenade (100)
- Dance at Lake Canoe, Camp Cod, and Rainbow Rentals
- Ride the Steam Stacks, a zipline, and use a Secret Passage in a single match
Destroy Dog Houses
Like the previous set of Meowscles' Mischief challenges, many of Week 6's missions are cat-themed, so naturally one asks you to destroy dog houses. These aren't exactly prominent fixtures, so you may have some trouble tracking them down. Fortunately, there are quite a few dog houses scattered around the map, many of which can be found by houses in big residential areas like Pleasant Park and Holly Hedges, so you'll definitely want to narrow your search to places like that. We've marked down some areas where you can find dog houses on the map above.
Dance At Lake Canoe, Camp Cod, And Rainbow Rentals
Not all of Week 6's challenges are cat-themed; one asks you to dance at Lake Canoe, Camp Cod, and Rainbow Rentals. Lake Canoe is the lake just northwest of Retail Row; you'll find it in grid square G5. Camp Cod is the island off the southernmost point of the map, in grid square G8. Finally, Rainbow Rentals is located on the beach southwest of Holly Hedges, in A6. You can see where all three locations are on the map above.
Ride The Steamy Stacks, A Zipline, And Use A Secret Passage In A Single Match
The trickiest of Week 6's challenges asks you to ride the Steamy Stacks, a zipline, and use a Secret Passage. Steamy Stacks is easy enough to find on the island, and there's a zipline directly south of it, so the first two steps of this challenge shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. Secret Passages, however, might be trickier to track down, so we've marked down the locations of all the Secret Passages we've found on the map above. Since you need to complete all three steps within a single match, your best bet would be to pick a Secret Passage that's close to Steamy Stacks and the zipline so you can clear the challenge quickly.
Meowscles' Mischief (Week 5)
- Search Chests at Misty Meadows or Salty Springs (10)
- Eliminate players with Assault Rifles from at least 50 meters (5)
- Consume fish to gain health or shields (400)
- Deal damage to players while using Creepin Cardboard (200)
- Survive a fall from at least 5 stories high (9)
- Deal damage to Henchmen with Pickaxes (100)
- Visit Coral Cove, Stack Shack, and Crash Site without swimming in a single match
- Kick a soccer ball 100 meters
- Deal damage to players using Miniguns (400)
- Visit Shipwreck Cove, Yacht, and Flopper Pond
Visit Coral Cove, Stack Shack, And Crash Site
Two of Week 5's challenges ask you to visit three different locations, but this one is slightly trickier. Not only do you need to visit Coral Cove, Stack Shack, and Crash Site within a single match, you also need to do it without swimming. Fortunately, the areas are fairly close together. Coral Cove is on the small, westernmost island in grid square A2, while the crash site is on another small island directly east of it, in grid square C2. Stack Shack is a little further away; you'll find it to the northwest of Holly Hedges in grid square A4. You can see where all three locations are on the map above. Each area is located near a helipad, where you'll find the new Choppa vehicle, so hop in one of those and fly to all three locations to clear the challenge.
Visit Shipwreck Cove, Yacht, And Flopper Pond
The easier of Week 5's location challenges asks you to visit Shipwreck Cove, the Yacht, and Flopper Pond. The Yacht is the easiest to find; it's the giant boat in the middle of grid square H1. The other two areas are a bit more obscure. Shipwreck Cove is in the lower southeast corner of the map in grid square H7, while Flopper Pond can be found just northeast of Holly Hedges, in grid square C5. We've marked down where all three areas are on the map above.
TNTina's Trial (Week 4)
- Search chests at Pleasant Park or Slurpy Swamp (10)
- Destroy opponent structures with Proximity Mines or Remote Explosives (20)
- Fish with explosives (3)
- Eliminate players at The Agency or Sweaty Sands (5)
- Search ammo boxes in different named locations (7)
- Use Decoy Grenades (5)
- Deal damage to players while riding in a Motorboat (200)
- Scan a Henchman in different matches (3)
- Visit Grumpy Greens, Mowdown, and Risky Reels
- Collect different Boss Weapons (3)
Visit Grumpy Greens, Mowdown, and Risky Reels
One of the few non-explosive-related challenges in Week 4's TNTina's Trial set asks you to visit three different locations: Grumpy Greens, Mowdown, and Risky Reels. Risky Reels has been a fixture of the game since Chapter 1, so you're likely already familiar with it. The other two areas--Grumpy Greens and Mowdown--are not quite as well-known, however, so they may be a bit harder to find. Fortunately, they're not too far off from Risky Reels, so you can visit all three with relatively little difficulty. We've marked the locations of all three areas on the map above.
TNTina's Trial (Week 3)
- Eliminate players using explosives (5)
- Search Chests at Holly Hedges or Retail Row (10)
- Destroy structures with Propane Tanks (10)
- Catch air with a Motorboat (5)
- Visit different Landmarks (15)
- Use Upgrade Bench to sidegrade a weapon (3)
- Deal damage to Bosses (500)
- Land at The Rig, Hydro 16, and Logjam Woodworks
- Destroy Sentry Cameras or Sentry Turrets (5)
- Eliminate players without using shield or healing items in-between eliminations (2)
Land At The Rig, Hydro 16, And Logjam Woodworks
Most of the TNTina's Trial challenges for Week 3 revolve around explosives, but one asks you to land at three different landmarks: The Rig, Hydro 16, and Logjam Woodworks. The Rig is perhaps the easiest to find; it's the small island in grid square B7. Logjam Woodworks is directly northeast of it in grid square B6. Finally, Hydro 16 is the dam on the western edge of the big lake in the southern portion of the island. You can get a better look at where all three landmarks are on the map above.
Visit Different Landmarks
Another Week 3 challenge that will send you around the island is to visit 15 different landmarks. There are a ton of these landmarks scattered around, but the problem is they aren't explicitly marked on the map, which may make them tricky to find. To help you along, we've marked the locations of 27 landmarks on the map above. There are more landmarks beyond the ones we've listed, but these should be more than enough to help you complete this challenge.
Brutus's Briefing (Week 2)
- Find SHADOW Safe Houses (5)
- Hide in Secret Passages in different matches (3)
- Eliminate players using a Shotgun (3)
- Carry a Knocked opponent 50m
- Deal damage to players from below (250)
- Open Chests locked by an ID Scanner (3)
- Shakedown Knocked Henchmen in different matches (3)
- Eliminate players at Craggy Cliffs or Weeping Woods (3)
- Deal damage with Shotguns to players while in the air (200)
- Harvest 500 wood, 400 stone, and 300 metal
Find Shadow Safe Houses
Shadow is one of the two feuding spy factions introduced at the start of Season 2, and this challenge has you tracking down their safe houses. You'll need to find five to complete the mission, which is easier said than done. Not only are the safe houses disguised as normal buildings from the outside, they're all swarming with AI henchmen who'll open fire if they spot you. To help you clear this challenge, we've marked down the location of five Shadow safe houses on the map above.
Brutus's Briefing (Week 1)
- Search Chests at The Grotto or The Shark (7)
- Deal damage to Henchmen (2,000)
- Open doors locked by an ID Scanner in different matches (3)
- Search Ammo Boxes in a single match (7)
- Disguise yourself inside a Phone Booth in different matches (3)
- Be crouched within 20m of unaware Henchmen for a total of 10 seconds
- Throw different shield items or healing items (3)
- Eliminate players while having a total of 100 health and shield or more (5)
- Land at Lockie's Lighthouse, Apres Ski, and Mount Kay (3)
- Damage players using 2 different weapons within 10 seconds (1)
Land At Lockie's Lightouse, Apres Ski, And Mount Kay
The object of this challenge is simply to land at three different landmarks: Lockie's Lighthouse, Apres Ski, and Mount Kay. While actually landing at the locations is easy, knowing where each one is on the island may prove to be a little trickier. Lockie's Lighthouse is found on the northernmost part of the map, in grid C1. Apres Ski is on the opposite end; you'll find it atop a mountain southwest of Misty Meadow, in grid E8. Mount Kay is a relative stone's throw away; it's located in grid G7. You can see where all three landmarks are on the map above.
Disguise Yourself Inside A Phone Booth In Different Matches
Tying into Season 2's spy theme, this challenge asks you to disguise yourself in a phone booth in three different matches. There are several booths scattered around the island, many in the new areas that were introduced at the start of this season. We've marked where three of them are on the map above. Once you track down a phone booth, enter it and press the interact button to change your disguise. Do this in three different matches and the challenge will be complete.
Phone Booth Locations
- The Rig (the small island off the southwest corner of the map)
- Outside of the Agency in the center of the map
- At The Grotto on the easternmost end of the map
- Fortnite Snap Quests - Where To Find All Tover Tokens And Unlock All Cosmetics
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map Changes
- Fortnite Miles Morales And Green Goblin Skins Teased On Chapter 3 Map
- How To Use Tents In Fortnite: Campsites Explained
- Fortnite Victory Crowns Explained: Why Some Players' Names Are In Gold
- All New Weapons And Items In Fortnite Chapter 3
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.