New season, new challenges.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Season 11 of Fortnite: Battle Royale is nearly upon us, but there's still some time left to complete the game's Season 10 challenges. This season of the popular free-to-play shooter has been rolling along on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, and mobile devices since the beginning of August, and it's made a ton of changes to the game--some expected, some not.
As with every seasonal changeover, there are new areas of the map to explore, as well as a new Battle Pass to purchase, which gives holders access to a variety of challenges and unlockable rewards. That's not all that's different this season, however. Epic has also made some big changes to how challenges work. In the past, the developer would release a new set of challenges to complete each week throughout the season, some of which would be available to everyone, even if they didn't own a Battle Pass. Now, however, most of the game's missions are locked behind the Season 10 Battle Pass.
The missions are also structured a bit differently this season. Instead of weekly challenges, Epic is grouping tasks together under different, themed sets. Each set also only initially offers three challenges, with additional ones being unlocked as you complete them. There are two themed sets available thus far, Road Trip and Rumble Royale, although more will be available as the season progresses.
You can see the full list of Fortnite Season 10 challenges thus far below, along with links to our dedicated guides to help you complete them. We'll continue to update this list throughout the season as more challenges become available, so be sure to check back regularly for all the latest tips and guides.
- Fortnite: Battle Royale Season X Challenges
- Road Trip Challenges (Week 1)
- Rumble Royale Challenges (Week 1)
- Spray & Pray Challenges (Week 2)
- Worlds Collide Challenges (Week 3)
- Smash & Grab Challenges (Week 4)
- Blockbuster Challenges (Week 5)
- Boogie Down Challenges (Week 6)
- Team Spirit Challenges (Week 7)
- Storm Racers Challenges (Week 8)
- Bullseye Challenges (Week 9)
- Out Of Time Challenges
- Limited-Time Challenges
- Welcome To Gotham City Challenges
- Welcome To Pandora Challenges
Fortnite: Battle Royale Season X Challenges
Road Trip Challenges (Week 1)
- Visit Drift-painted Durr Burger Head, a Dinosaur, and a Stone Head Statue
- Deal damage to opponents while riding in a vehicle (200)
- Destroy stop signs with the Catalyst outfit (10)
- Ride a Zipline in different matches (3)
- Search a chest in different Named Locations (3)
- Visit Lazy Lagoon and Lucky Landing in a single match
- Get Trick Points in a vehicle (250,000)
Destroy Stop Signs With The Catalyst Outfit
As its name states, this challenge involves destroying stop signs while wearing the Catalyst skin. The outfit is unlocked in tier 1 of the Season X Battle Pass, so once you've gotten it, equip the skin and get ready to commit some casual vandalism. You'll need to destroy 10 stop signs in total to complete this challenge, and this can be done across matches. As you'd expect, the stop signs are scattered across the entire island, but you'll find several of them in a handful of locations, particularly Pleasant Park, Salty Springs, Mega Mall, and Paradise Palms. Once you've destroyed 10, the challenge will be complete and you'll earn 10 Battle Stars. Be sure to check out our stop sign locations guide for more details on where to go.
Visit Drift-Painted Durr Burger Head, A Dinosaur, And A Stone Head Statue
This challenge is straightforward enough on the face of it--all you need to do is visit the three specified locations. The Durr Burger head can be found atop a hill just east of Pleasant Park. The dinosaur, however, is on the opposite end of the map--you'll see it beside a road to the south of Paradise Palms. Finally, the stone head statue is located near the frozen lake to the north of Polar Peak--it resembles a Moai statue (with a chair on top of it for some reason), so you can't miss it. Once you've visited all three monuments, you'll complete the challenge and receive 10 Battle Stars. For a more detailed look at where to go, check out our stone head statue, Durr Burger head, and dinosaur locations guide.
Rumble Royale Challenges (Week 1)
In contrast to the Road Trip challenges, the Rumble Royale challenges are all tied to Team Rumble mode. You'll begin with a total of three tasks, with additional ones unlocking as you complete them. These are fairly straightforward compared to the Road Trip missions, ranging from winning a certain number of matches to assisting teammates with eliminations. You can see the list of Rumble Royale challenges we've unlocked so far below.
- Play matches of Team Rumble with at least one elimination (5)
- Win a match of Team Rumble (3)
- Assist a teammate with eliminations in Team Rumble (20)
- Build structures with the X-Lord outfit in Team Rumble (200)
- Damage opponents in a single match of Team Rumble (500)
- Eliminate opponents less than 5m away in Team Rumble (5)
- Search Supply Drops in Team Rumble (5)
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500)
- Spray a Fountain, a Junkyard Crane, and a Vending Machine
- Spray different Gas Stations (3)
- Find lost Spray Cans (5)
- Deal damage to opponent structures with a Minigun (3,000)
- Eliminate opponents with an SMG less than 15m away (3)
- Search chests at Tilted Town (7)
Spray Different Gas Stations
To complete this challenge, you'll need to travel around the island and leave a spray at three different gas stations. There are eight gas stations in total scattered around the map; however, one of these was located at Neo Titled and has since disappeared after the area was turned into the Wild West-themed Tilted Town by a Rift Zone. Even so, you have plenty of options to choose from when taking on this challenge. You can see all the gas station locations below:
- Neo Tilted (currently unavailable)
- Eastern side of Pleasant Park
- Along the road south of Pleasant Park
- North of Polar Peak, near the indoor soccer field
- Area just north of Lucky Landing
- Northern end of Salty Springs
- Southern end of Paradise Palms
- Southern edge of the island east of Paradise Palms
Find Five Lost Spray Cans
Continuing the graffiti theme of the Spray and Pray challenges, this mission asks you to find lost spray cans. There are several of these scattered all around the island, but you only need to search five of them to complete the challenge. The cans themselves are fairly small, but you'll know you're close to one when you see graffiti scrawled on a nearby object or wall. You can see all the lost spray can locations that we've found in our full guide.
- Use a Rift (1)
- Visit a Rift Zone (1)
- Deal damage to opponents at a mountaintop Viking Village or Loot Lake (200)
- Visit a memorial to a cube in the desert or by a lake (1)
- Eliminate opponents in the desert (3)
- Search chests at Loot Lake (3)
- Consume foraged mushrooms (10)
Visit A Rift Zone
Rifts were a major component of Season 5, but Rift Zones didn't begin appearing until the start of Season X. Rather than warping you to a different point on the island, these zones transform whole sections of the map, as we saw following the release of the 10.10 update, when Mega Mall turned back into Retail Row. There are two Rift Zones thus far--one at the aforementioned Retail Row, the other at Tilted Town (formerly Neo Titled)--and you only need to visit one of these to complete the challenge. For more details, check out our full guide on where to visit a Rift Zone.
Visit A Cube Memorial
Many of Fortnite's Worlds Collide challenges pay homage to Season 5, and one of the most memorable elements of the season was the giant purple cube that appeared in the desert and eventually transformed Loot Lake. The cube has now been memorialized with two statues, one of which you'll need to visit to complete this challenge. The first is located in the desert to the southwest of Paradise Palms--where the cube originally materialized--while the second can be found by Loot Lake. You can read more in our full cube memorial locations guide.
- Search a chest within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus (3)
- Land at a Hot Spot in different matches (3)
- Deal damage within 30 seconds after using a Launch Pad (100)
- Search two chests within 30 seconds of each other (3)
- Pick up a Legendary item in different matches (3)
- Search a Supply Drop within 10 of it landing (3)
- Deal damage to opponents at Hot Spots (200)
Blockbuster Challenges (Week 5)
- Land in Dusty Depot, then visit the Meteor in a single match
- Harvest materials at the Block (300)
- Land at a run down Hero Mansion and an abandoned Villain Hideout
- Deal damage while being affected by low gravity (250)
- Search between a basement film camera, a snowy stone head, and a flashy gold big rig
- Consume fruits, mushrooms, or glitched forage items (10)
- Claim vending machines in different matches (3)
Week 5's challenges are a callback to Season 4, when the rocket famously launched and created a rift in the sky, and one mission has you returning to the site of the launch. This challenge asks you to visit a run-down hero mansion and an abandoned villain hideout, which are located on opposite ends of the island. The remains of the hero mansion can be found near the easternmost edge of the map, southeast of Lonely Lodge, while the villain hideout lies northeast of Snobby Shores. The easiest way to complete the challenge will be to make your way to one, get eliminated, then jump into another match and land at the other.
Search Between A Basement Film Camera, A Snowy Stone Head, And A Flashy Gold Big Rig
Perhaps the trickiest of Week 5's challenges is to search between a basement film camera, a snowy stone head, and a flashy gold big rig. Those words may not make much sense to you if you aren't already very familiar with Fortnite's island, but all three objects are located near the edge of the snowy biome. The basement camera is inside a house northeast of Shifty Shafts; the stone head is sitting on a hill near the frozen waterfall; and the gold big rig is parked between Shifty Shafts and Tilted Town. Head to the middle of the three objects you'll find what you're looking for: a Battle Star.
Boogie Down Challenges (Week 6)
- Hit two opponents with a Boogie Bomb (2)
- Dance in front of a bat statue, way-aboveground pool, and a seat for giants
- Get an elimination with a shotgun, assault rifle, and an SMG
- Travel 100m while dancing
- Visit an oversized piano
- Destroy no dancing signs (3)
- Dance in a BRUTE in different matches (3)
Dance In Front Of A Bat Statue, Way-Aboveground Pool, And A Seat For Giants
You'll be doing a lot of dancing to complete Week 6's Boogie Down challenges, and one task has you dancing in front of a bat statue, a way-aboveground pool, and a seat for giants. The trickiest part is actually locating the three landmarks, but they're easy to spot once you know where to look. The bat statue is in the northern portion of Haunted Hills; the way-aboveground pool is on the floating island, which returned to the game following the 10.20 content update; and the seat for giants is in the snow biome south of Shifty Shafts. You can see their locations on the map above; however, be aware that the floating island is moving around the map, so its location may change, but it will be easy to find regardless.
Destroy No Dancing Signs
Week 6's challenges may be all about dancing, but there are some areas of the island where the activity is expressively forbidden. We can't have that, so one of this week's challenges is to destroy "no dancing" signs. You only need to break three of the signs to complete this task, and there are at least seven of them scattered about the island, so you have plenty of options to choose from. You can see all the "no dancing" signs we've found on the map above.
Visit An Oversized Piano
This challenge asks you to put away your dancing shoes and instead visit an oversized piano. The piano has been a fixture of the island for quite some time, but if you don't remember where it's located, it can be found on the easternmost edge of the map, just east of Lonely Lodge. We've marked its exact location above. Simply make your way to the instrument and you'll complete the standard version of this challenge--no piano playing necessary.
- Play matches with a friend (3)
- Assist teammates with eliminations (5)
- Pet a teammate's pet (1)
- Heal a teammate with a Chug Splash in different matches (3)
- Mark an Uncommon, Rare, and Epic item
- Deal combined damage with your squad or duo (1,000)
- Revive a teammate in different matches (3)
Storm Racers Challenges (Week 8)
- Gain health in the Storm (100)
- Complete a lap of a race track
- Survive Storm phases (10)
- Visit the center of a Storm circle (1)
- Land on Polar Peak, a Volcano, and a hilltop with a circle of trees
- Complete a Time Trial east of Pleasant Park or southwest of Salty Springs
- Dance at different telescopes (3)
Land On Polar Peak, A Volcano, And A Hilltop With A Circle Of Trees
Not all of Week 8's Storm Racers challenges revolve around the Storm circle; one asks you to land on Polar Peak, a volcano, and a hilltop with a circle of trees. The first two areas you'll have no trouble finding since they've been such prominent fixtures of the island for the past several seasons, but the hilltop with a circle of trees may throw you for a loop. It turns out the hilltop in question is "stunt mountain," which is located directly south of Pleasant Park. We've marked all three areas on the map above to help you find them. Once you know where to go, glide from the Battle Bus to one of the areas (as the challenge says, you need to land on them; you can't travel your way up to each), then jump into another match and repeat the process until you've landed on all three.
Complete A Time Trial East Of Pleasant Park Or Southwest Of Salty Springs
Time trial challenges have been a staple of past Fortnite seasons, and Epic has brought them back for one of Week 8's Storm Racers missions. This challenge asks you to complete a time trial east of Pleasant Park or southwest of Salty Springs. You can see where each of those trials is located on the map above. As the challenge states, you only need to clear one of these time trials to complete the challenge, so pick your preferred area, run the trial, and you'll be done in no time.
Dance At Different Telescopes
The final challenge from Week 8's Storm Racers set asks you to dance at different telescopes. You'll need to bust a move in front of three of them to complete the challenge. That in itself is not difficult, but the tricky part is knowing where the telescopes are located, and they're not easy to spot from afar. Fortunately, there are a handful of them scattered around the island, giving you a lot of options. You can see all of the telescope locations we've found on the map above. Once you know where to go, simply make your way to a telescope, use a dance emote in front of it, and move on to another one until you've danced at all three.
Bullseye Challenges (Week 9)
- Land on different Bullseyes (3)
- Hit Weak Points while harvesting (50)
- Get an elimination with a Sniper Rifle
- Hit easy firing range target
- Complete the skydiving course over Fatal Fields after jumping from the Battle Bus (4)
- Hit headshots (10)
- Destroy Loot Carriers from 50m away (1)
Land On Different Bullseyes
Week 9's challenges are all about hitting targets, and to complete the first one, you'll need to land on different bullseyes. Actually landing on them is the easy part; the tricky part is knowing where the bullseyes are. Fortunately, they're fairly easy to spot from the air if you leap in their general direction, but if you need a little nudging in the right direction, we've marked their locations on the map above. The quickest way to complete this challenge is to land on one of the bullseyes at the start of a match, get eliminated, then jump into another game and land on a different one until you've hit all three.
Hit Easy Firing Range Target
Most of Week 9's challenges are fairly straightforward, but one that may throw you for a loop is to hit an easy firing range target. This trickiest part about this mission is actually finding a firing range, particularly if you're not very familiar with the island's layout, but once you know where to look, this challenge is a snap. We've marked down all the firing ranges we've found on the map above. Simply go to one of those and step on the switch near the firing range sign--that'll cause targets to appear. Just shoot one and the challenge will be complete.
Out Of Time Challenges
- Collect the Visitor recording on the Floating Island and in Retail Row (2)
- Deal damage to opponents (2,500)
- Outlast opponents (250)
- Collect the Visitor recording in Moisty Palms and Greasy Grove (2)
- Collect the Visitor recording in Starry Suburbs and Gotham City (2)
- Search chests (25)
Collect Visitor Recordings On The Floating Island And In Retail Row
Season 10's Overtime challenges introduce a new collectible item to hunt: audio recordings left by the Visitor, the time-traveling character who first appeared during Season 4 and returned to the game this season. The first challenge asks you to collect Visitor recordings on the floating island and in Retail Row. The former is in the back of a yellow truck that's parked by the building near the motel's swimming pool, while the latter is inside the bookstore on the eastern end of the area, near the water tower. You can see their general locations on the map above.
Collect The Visitor Recording In Moisty Palms And Greasy Grove
The second challenge to collect the Visitor's recordings takes you to two different ends of the island. The first is hidden in Moisty Palms; specifically, the recording can be found atop the tall, white brick hotel in the northwestern corner of the area. The second recording is in the returning Greasy Grove; you'll find it in one of the booths inside the taco restaurant. If you need more help tracking the recordings down, we've marked their general locations on the map above.
Collect The Visitor Recording In Starry Suburbs And Gotham City
The Visitor has left behind two final audio logs to find. This time, you'll need to collect the recordings in Starry Suburbs and Gotham City--two Rift Zones that first appeared toward the end of Season 10. The former is located inside the brick building in the middle of town; you'll find the tape on the top floor atop the bed. The latter is much easier to spot; it's in the middle of the street in front of the movie theater. You can see their general locations on the map above.
Welcome To Gotham City Challenges
- Deal damage to opponents with an Explosive Batarang (250)
- Light up different Bat Signals outside of Gotham City (3)
- Use a Batman Grapnel Gun in different matches (3)
- Defuse Joker gas canisters found in different named locations (3)
- Deal any damage to opponents within 30 seconds of using a Batman Grapnel Gun
- Light a Bat Signal, use a Batman Grapnel Gun, and deal any damage with an Explosive Batarang in a single match
Light Up Different Bat Signals Outside Of Gotham City
One of Fortnite's Batman crossover challenges asks you to light up the iconic Bat Signal. There are a handful of these scattered around the island, but you'll only need to activate three different ones to complete the challenge. We've marked down the locations of all the Bat Signals we've found on the map above. The signals will always appear in the same places, and they can be used by multiple players, so don't worry if someone else gets there before you do. You can read additional details about the challenge in our full Fortnite Bat Signal locations guide.
Defuse Joker Gas Canisters Found In Different Named Locations
Of course, where Batman appears, the Joker will inevitably follow, and one of Fortnite's trickier crossover challenges asks you to defuse Joker gas canisters found in different named locations. The canisters are similar to Vending Machines in that they will spawn in fixed areas, although they're not guaranteed to appear in every match, so you may need some persistence to clear this mission. As the challenge states, you'll need to defuse the canisters in three different locations. We've had luck finding them in Lucky Landing, Salty Springs, and the new Gotham City Rift Zone, so we'd recommend checking there. You can see those locations on the map above.
Welcome To Pandora Challenges
- Collect cash from chests and opponents in Pandora (10)
- Eliminate opponents in Pandora (3)
- Search chests in Pandora (7)
- Find Claptrap's missing eye and then return it to him (2)
- Gain shields in Pandora (500)
- Search different Vault Symbols (3)
Search Different Vault Symbols
As part of the limited-time Borderlands crossover event, a Rift Zone has transformed part of the desert into Pandora, the setting of Gearbox's shooter series. One of the challenges you'll need to complete in this area is search different Vault Symbols. These can be found spray-painted on various objects around the area, but you only need to search three of them to complete the challenge. We've marked a few of their locations on the map above, but you can read more tips on how to complete the mission in our dedicated Vault Symbols location guide.
Find Claptrap's Missing Eye And Return It To Him
It wouldn't be a true Borderlands crossover if Claptrap didn't make an appearance, and he's the subject of one of the game's special challenges. This one asks you to find Claptrap's missing eye and then return it to him. Fortunately, this is simple enough to do. Claptrap himself can be found alongside the road near the westernmost entrance of the desert, while his eye is hidden inside a building to the south, in front of a television. Collect the eye, then bring it back to him and you'll complete the challenge.