Fortnite Players Gather At Black Panther Statue To Honor Chadwick Boseman
Fortnite players are paying their respects to their fallen king.
Fortnite players are paying their respects to Chadwick Boseman at an in-game Black Panther statue that was added to the game. The statue came to the battle royale as part of Season 4's ongoing Marvel map updates.
"We need a Wakanda Forever emote," one Redditor wrote. The statue comes days after Chadwick Boseman, the star of Marvel's 2018 Black Panther movie, died of colon cancer at age 43. The world has been mourning the loss.
The point of interest is right outside Misty Meadows, floating above the ground with multiple loot drops and chest spawns. It comes along with other Marvel-themed locations, like Dr. Doom's Domain, in Season 4. There will most likely be challenges associated with it soon.
A few leaks have indicated that a Black Panther skin could also be coming to the game soon. Fortnite leaker HypeX has confirmed they found files for Black Panther's unique absorption powers in-game. Just like players can use Dr. Doom's unique weapons, players will be able to absorb hits and then unleash it on enemies like the Wakanda hero.
"I hope these stay next season instead of just disappearing," said IOnlyPlayAsTomato. Players have been landing there and refusing to fight in order to honor Boseman. Some hope the location becomes permanent.
- Fortnite Snap Quests - Where To Find All Tover Tokens And Unlock All Cosmetics
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map Changes
- Fortnite Miles Morales And Green Goblin Skins Teased On Chapter 3 Map
- How To Use Tents In Fortnite: Campsites Explained
- Fortnite Victory Crowns Explained: Why Some Players' Names Are In Gold
- All New Weapons And Items In Fortnite Chapter 3