Fortnite Overtime Challenges Guide: Last Chance To Get Season 8 Battle Pass For Free
Hard work pays off.
Fortnite's weekly challenges for Season 7 have all been released, and its players are now preparing to make the transition to Season 8--which it looks like will involve some earth quakes and cracks in the island. However, that doesn't mean there are no challenges to undertake at all--quite the opposite. Developer Epic is keeping the train rolling with Overtime challenges, which continue to roll out alongside standard patches, such as content update 7.40, which brought the driftboard. The first several of these challenges are available, with more set to unlock every three days up until February 23. In an unexpected twist, however, completing these challenges not only nets you experience and the odd cosmetic unlock, but also a free Season 8 Battle Pass.
To get the new Battle Pass at no cost you just need to complete 13 of the 20 total Overtime challenges, the first set of which are available now. The initial batch ask the player to collect coins in the Creative Islands, seek out ammo boxes or treasure chests, and drop onto the island as a duo and place in the top 15. As you complete the challenges, you'll also unlock skins from Fortnite Season 7 at the five, 10, and 15 challenge mark. You can see the full list of challenges below; recent ones have continued to be fairly easy, such as reviving players in different matches and visiting named locations.
Fortnite Overtime Challenges
- Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands (5) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifles or Pistols (500) -- 500 XP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park (7) -- 500 XP
- Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend (3) -- Wrap
- Regain health from a campfire in different matches (3) -- 500 XP
- Visit different Named Locations (10) -- 500 XP
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches (2) -- 500 XP
- Revive a player in different matches (3) -- Loading Screen
- Visit different waterfalls (7) -- 500 XP
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs (500) -- 500 XP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block (7) -- 500 XP
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend (3) -- Spray
- Play matches of Driftin' with a friend -- (3) -- 500 XP
- Thank the Bus Driver in different matches (7) -- 500 XP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a racetrack or a dance club (7) -- 500 XP
- Outlast 75 opponents in a single match (1) -- Loading screen
Epic has also released update 7.40 for Fortnite and the full patch notes alongside it. The Valentine's Day event is one of the big new additions introduced in the update, but there's also a new weapon, and the ability to gift an item. You can read the full list of changes, tweaks, and additions in the Fortnite update 7.40 patch notes. This was followed by the aforementioned 7.40 content update on February 19.
Season 7 of Fortnite will end on February 28, so you've got a little more time to complete any outstanding challenges from the standard weekly sets. If you need a hand, check out our comprehensive Fortnite Season 7 challenges roundup, which collects all our tips and guides into one, convenient location. Doing so will net you various cosmetics, including skins, as well as V-Bucks, which you now have the opportunity to save toward using on the Fortnite shop, rather than the Season 8 Battle Pass.
Given that the Overtime Challenges will be available until February 27, we expect Season 8 will begin on February 28. Before that, however, Epic is expected to hold two double XP weekends; the first took place February 15-17, while the second takes place this coming weekend, February 22-24.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.