Fortnite NPC Locations - Chapter 3, Season 2
Here's where to find all NPCs scattered across the island in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2.
Ever since Chapter 2, Season 5, NPCs have taken up residence in Fortnite's landmarks, places of interest, and major hubs. In Chapter 3, Season 2, Epic Games has been fidgeting with the NPC list with every passing update. There are 25 unique NPCs to find in Fortnite Season 2, though more are likely to arrive before Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3. Many of the current NPCs offer unique weapons, perks like storm circle information, and items for sale, so aside from simply filling out your collection, you'll want to meet them all as soon as possible so you can know where to find some of Fortnite's best gameplay items. Here's where to find all Fortnite NPCs in Chapter 3, Season 2.
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 NPC locations
There are 25 NPCs on the island currently. While some are just where they were last season, many more are in new places or have never even been in the game as NPCs until now. As usual, not all NPCs are available in every round. Some groups of NPCs rotate in and out in places like Camp Cuddle and The Joneses, for example. Others, such as The Imagined and Agent Jones, can be found at one of several different Seven Outposts across the map. We've made it clear which ones will be trickier to find as a result of variable spawn rates. Use our map below to help locate all NPCs for related challenges, items, and to read their lore-heavy dialogue.
- The Origin - At the northern end of Sanctuary
- The Imagined - Can be found at Seven Outpost III, IV, and V
- The Visitor - At Launchpad, northeast of Sanctuary
- The Scientist - In the garage at Synapse Station
- Agent Jones - Can be found at Seven Outpost I and II
- The Foundation - Patrolling the south-central region of Sanctuary
- Bunker Jones - In The Joneses near the pond on the southwest side; not present every round
- Ludwig - In The Joneses near the red building; not present every round
- Brainiac - Walking a dirt path west of The Joneses; not present every round
- Mullet Marauder - In The Joneses near the gym on the northwest side; not present every round
- Jonesy The First - In The Joneses near the blue building; not present every round
- Cuddle Team Leader - In Camp Cuddle, inside the northernmost cabin near the wood bridge (She's currently not appearing for unknown reasons)
- Metal Team Leader - In Camp Cuddle, inside the metal cabin; not present every round
- Cuddlepool - In Camp Cuddle, inside the red cabin; not present every round
- Quackling - In Camp Cuddle, inside the yellow cabin; not present every round
- Guaco - In Greasy Grove, hiding in an attic of a yellow house
- Lil Whip - In Coney Crossroads, hiding in a room in a white house
- Bao Bros - In Condo Canyon, hiding inside a motel
- Tomatohead - In Tilted Towers, hiding in a tall building near the soccer field
- Mancake - At Buttern Barn, southwest of Rocky Reels
- Doctor Strange - In The Daily Bugle, walking around the building on the left side of the POI
- Gunnar - Inside Command Cavern patrolling at ground level; hostile
- Huntmaster Saber - Inside the Airship flying above Tilted Towers; hostile
- Doctor Slone - The Fortress, patrolling outside the massive drill
- Peely - At the Wrecked Bus east of Coney Crossroads
The reason so many NPCs are in hiding is that they are a part of the Resistance, the group of loopers who have taken up arms to drive out the Imagined Order. These heroic NPCs have formed makeshift operating stations complete with Seven tech in small, easy-to-miss rooms where the IO hopefully won't find them.
Also note which NPCs are hostile, as they'll shoot you on sight. However, this also means they each drop Mythic weapons, which are unique and can only be equipped by one person at a time, as there are no duplicates. The NPCs at The Joneses or Camp Cuddle, remember that they won't all spawn in every round. As for an NPC like Peely, the banana tends to move around quite frequently, so his location will be different from week to week. Peely is currently taking driving lessons, so players will find him in a new spot each week during Season 2, usually by a crashed vehicle of some sort. He's still learning, okay?
The most recent NPC to arrive on the island is Doctor Strange. The Marvel hero and battle pass skin was introduced as an NPC a part of the early May update in Fortnite. This lined up perfectly with the release of the film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. He can be found roaming around the Daily Bugle as of right now, but as Epic has shown over the seasons, that location might not be set in stone. If players want to approach the doctor, they will be able to speak to him and acquire a free item and some XP as well. However, there's not much in the way of new dialogue compared to the other NPCs in Fortnite. So players shouldn't expect some multiverse talk when they approach Doctor Strange.
As more NPCs arrive on the island this season, we'll update our list and map so you can meet them quickly and fill out your collection book once more. For more on Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, check out our guide to the new weapons, map changes, and the battle pass.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.