Fortnite Most Wanted Event Guide - All Challenges, Cosmetics, And More
Be notorious in the new Fortnite Most Wanted event and earn a free skin in the process.
Fortnite's Most Wanted event is now underway, bringing with it plenty of cosmetics to unlock on the way to scoring a free skin. Of course, it won't be easy--you'll need to undertake a variety of challenges over the next two weeks to snag it all. You've got until February 28 to make it happen, and we'll fill you in on everything you need to know so you can make the most of your time.
Infamy and unlockable cosmetics
The Most Wanted event comes packing a huge selection of limited-time cosmetics to earn, but they'll require you to increase your Infamy to unlock them all. Infamy is obtained by completing Most Wanted quests (more on those below), and you'll need to finish all of the challenges if you want to score the ultimate prize of the Gold Blooded Ace skin.
- Escapees wrap - 4,000 Infamy
- Infamy banner icon - 8,000 Infamy
- Double Tags harvesting tool - 12,000 Infamy
- Most Wanted spray - 16,000 Infamy
- Cash Stash back bling - 20,000 Infamy
- The Heat Is On loading screen - 24,000 Infamy
- Combocopter glider - 28,000 Infamy
- Cold Blooded Style wrap - 32,000 Infamy
- Cold Blooded spray - 36,000 Infamy
- Vault Guardian harvesting tool - 40,000 Infamy
- Snake Sack emoticon - 44,000 Infamy
- Gold Blooded Ace skin - 48,000 Infamy
If you really want to, you can unlock all of these cosmetics, including the skin, for 1,800 V-Bucks (about $14), but they're all earnable for free. If you're going that route, keep reading.
Most Wanted quests
You'll need to complete challenges, which will unlock throughout the event, to earn all of the cosmetics. For each set of challenges you complete, you'll snag a Cold Blooded Medallion, and you'll need all five of them to unlock the bonus Solid Skull back bling.
Intel and Recon
- Raise Heat Level (4) – 1,500 Infamy
- Purchase weapons from Ace’s Exotics or Ace’s Armory vending machines (10) – 1,000 Infamy
- Collect a Vault Keycard dropped by a defeated Cold Blooded Boss (1) – 1,500 Infamy
- Visit named locations containing a Cold Blooded Vault (3) – 1,200 Infamy
- Collect Gold Bars (2,000) – 1,000 Infamy
- Spend Gold Bars on weapons or services in different matches (5) – 1,500 Infamy
- Search Safes or Cash Registers (4) – 1,000 Infamy
- Damage opponents using Exotics and unvaulted weapons (1000) – 1,000 Infamy
- Collect a Heavy Sniper or Boom Sniper Rifle (1) – 750 Infamy
- Complete Intel & Recon Quests (7) – Cold Blooded Medallion
Going in Loud
- Destroy structures or objects using explosives (25) - 1,000 Infamy
- Reach Max Heat Level in different matches (3) - 1,500 Infamy
- Claim a Named Location containing a Cold Blooded Vault (1) - 1,200 Infamy
- Damage opponents within 10 meters with a shotgun or SMG (500) - 1,000 Infamy
- Hire a character (3) - 1,200 Infamy
- Damage players with a pistol within a single match (3,000) - 1,200 Infamy
- Eliminate members of the Cold Blooded (5) - 1,500 Infamy
- Throw and detonate a gas can (2) - 750 Infamy
- Increase your Heat Level by using a Burner Pay Phone (1) - 1,000 Infamy
- Complete Going in Loud quests (7) - Cold Blooded Medallion
Going in Quiet
- Emote within 10m of a member of the Cold Blooded (1) - 750 Infamy
- Damage opponents with a Sniper Rifle (500) - 1,000 Infamy
- Damage opponents while inside of a big bush or leaf pile (200) - 1,200 Infamy
- Search chests before taking any damage (10) - 1,500 Infamy
- Eliminate opponents with a Suppressed Pistol or Shadow Tracer (2) - 1,200 Infamy
- Hide in a dumpster, a haystack, or a flusher (2) - 1,000 Infamy
- Travel distance while swimming (200) - 1,000 Infamy
- Collect gold bars from eliminated players (150) - 1,200 Infamy
- Survive storm phases at full health (5) - 1,500 Infamy
- Complete Going in Quiet Quests (7) - Cold Blooded Medallion
Cracking the Vault
- Spend Gold Bars (5,000) - 1,000 Infamy
- Search Supply Drops (2) - 1,000 Infamy
- Open up a Cold Blooded Vault using a Vault Keycard (1) - 2,000 Infamy
- Emote inside of a Cold Blooded Vault (1) - 750 Infamy
- Collect Gold Bars in a Single Match (500) - 750 Infamy
- Collect Heisted Exotic Weapons (7) - 1,000 Infamy
- Eliminate Opponents with an Exotic Weapon (5) - 1,000 Infamy
- Assist in defeating Cold Blooded Bosses (3) - 1,500
- Search Cold Blooded Coffers (5) - 1,500 Infamy
- Complete Cracking the Vault Quests (7) - Cold Blooded Medallion
- Damage Opponents While Riding a Dirt Bike (200) - 1,000 Infamy
- Damage Opponents While Sliding (200) - 1,000 Infamy
- Purchase the Rift Service From Inside a Vault (1) - 1,000 Infamy
- Ride in Different Vehicles in a Single Match (3) - 1,200 Infamy
- Survive Storm Phases While Carrying an Exotic Weapon (5) - 2,000 Infamy
- Mantle Objects While Under the Effect of Slap (10) - 750 Infamy
- Get Seconds of Air Time While Riding a Dirt Bike (30) - 1,000 Infamy
- Reach a Speed of 70 in a Vehicle (1) - 1,000 Infamy
- Travel Distance While Sprinting and at Max Heat Level (1,000) - 1,200 Infamy
- Complete Clean Getaway Quests (7) - Cold Blooded Medallion
You may have noticed some new icons showing up on your HUD to indicate that your Heat level has risen. This goes up each time you eliminate an opponent or open a Cold Blood Vault (more on that below). We'll explain everything you need to know in our How Heat Works guide.
Cold Blooded keycards and vaults
There are three Cold Blooded Vaults located around the map during the Most Wanted event, and they'll contain event-specific exotics (listed in the next section). There are vaults at Shattered Slabs, Brutal Bastion, and Faulty Splits. You'll need a keycard to open a vault, though, and those are dropped by the boss with a massive health bar that you'll run into near the vault's location. Take them down and use the keycard on the door to get to that sweet loot.
New exotic weapons
These new exotic weapons are unique to the Most Wanted event and can be retrieved by using Vault Keycards at Cold Blooded Vaults or by taking down the bosses guarding each vault.
- Heisted Breacher Shotgun - Busts down builds easily.
- Heisted Explosive Assault Rifle - Fires explosive projectiles.
- Heisted Accelerant Shotgun - Increases movement speed and fire rate as you damage enemies.
- Heisted Run 'N' Gun SMG - Infuses you with Slap and self-reloads while sprinting.
- Heisted Blink Mag SMG - Grants Zero Dash ability after reloading.
Most Wanted Leaderboards challenge
You can earn additional rewards starting Feb 16 by unlocking as many Cold Blooded Vaults as you can. This will help you climb the leaderboards and earn the following cosmetic items.
- GG Flamed Emoticon
- Live to Ride Spray
- Retro Rivals Wrap
- Clean Getaway Loading Screen
This is certainly one of the biggest events Fortnite has ever featured outside of season launches or finales, so get in there and grab all the rewards and check out the many new gameplay features.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation