Fortnite Maps: Letters Locations, Tomato Town Treasure Map (Week 1, Season 4 Challenges)
Season 4 challenges are now available for Battle Pass owners.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Season 4 of Fortnite is officially underway, and with it, we've gotten a new Battle Pass. This works largely like those in the past, offering weekly challenges for players to complete in order to unlock new skins and rewards. Week 1 challenges are the usual mixture of easy and tricky objectives; here are the key locations and how to complete them all.
Two specific challenges stand out as ones with which you might need a guide. The first asks you to follow the treasure map found in Tomato Town. You can head there and pick up the map to get started or, as with previous instances of this objective type, go right to the treasure if you know where it is. This one is fairly easy--it's in Loot Lake. Head to where the 'E' in Lake is shown on the map, as seen in the image below, and you'll find the wrecked remains of a small boat just to the south of a small slab of land. Jump on the part sticking out of the water and you'll see the Battle Pass icon to collect, which is done by holding the same key or button you use to open chests.
The other difficult challenge is to search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E letters; there's no real indication of what these are or where to start your hunt. Essentially, these work a lot like the aforementioned treasure map locations, only there are no in-game hints. You'll head to certain spots and find a hovering blue letter that must be "searched" like a chest to collect. No matter which order you go to the locations, you'll always find the letters in the order that spells out "Fortnite."
Some are in popular places to land--for instance, there's one at the top of the clocktower in Tilted Towers. Others aren't so easy, but luckily, there are more than eight locations total spread across the map. With the help of Reddit users Strantjanet and thesquatingdog, we've verified eight locations--the exact number you'll need to complete the challenge. Here's directions to find them along with a map showing additional letter locations.
F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E Letters Locations
- Tilted Towers -- on top of the clocktower
- Salty Springs -- just to the east, on top of the fire lookout tower
- Flush Factory -- on top of the largest building in the unnamed area to the northeast; you'll have to destroy the glass ceiling to collect it
- Snobby Shores -- in the northern most area, on top of a lightpole in front of a decrepit house
- Anarchy Acres -- on top of the red barn
- Pleasant Park -- on top of the roof in the middle, immediately north of the soccer field
- Lonely Lodge -- in the unnamed area to the southeast, on top of the building
- Risky Reels -- in the hole on the movie screen
Week 1's other challenges are much more straightforward and generally rely on a mixture of luck and being in the right location. You'll need to deal damage to opponents using sniper rifles, which is just a matter of finding such a gun and having good aim. You'll want to head to Haunted Hills and search for chests; hopefully, in the process, you'll also get your hands on a Port-a-Fort. If you do, be sure to use it before dying to complete another challenge.
The aforementioned Tomato Town map is one of three Hard-difficulty objectives. Another simply has you rack up eliminations at Flush Factory, so head there and take down some opponents. The third calls for you to get three pistol eliminations. Pistols aren't the greatest of weapons, so you may want to attempt both this and the Flush Factory challenge in the Solo playlist. That way, you don't have to worry about revives or competing with teammates for a kill.
Each of these challenges rewards you with Battle Stars to level up your Battle Pass and earn new skins and rewards. Additionally, once you've complete four of them, you'll receive a 5k XP bonus. Keep in mind, access to the weekly challenges requires the purchase of the Battle Pass for 950 V-Bucks. In addition to weekly challenge access and the ability to earn lots of skins and rewards, the Battle Pass also includes new Blockbuster and Carbide challenges, which involve reaching level milestones and completing all challenges in a given week.
Season 4, Week 1 Battle Pass Challenges
- Deal damage with sniper rifles to opponents (500) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Search chests in Haunted Hills (7) -- 5 Battle Stars
- Use a Port-a-Fort -- 5 Battle Stars
- Search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E letters -- 5 Battle Stars
- Hard: Follow the treasure map found in Tomato Town -- 10 Battle Stars
- Hard: Pistol eliminations (3) -- 10 Battle Stars
- Hard: Eliminate opponents in Flush Factory -- 10 Battle Stars
Reward: 5k XP (after completing four challenges)