Fortnite: How To Get Free Battle Pass Tier -- Week 1 Road Trip Challenge
Here's how to get your hands on a free Battle Star.
Season 5 of Fortnite is here, and there are already an assortment of challenges for players to complete. Just like last season, finishing all of a given week's tasks will complete a corresponding Road Trip challenge--Season 5's equivalent of Blockbuster challenges. These, in turn, will reward you with a special loading screen, each of which contains a subtle hint leading you to a free Battle Pass tier somewhere around the island.
Clearing one week's set of challenges will unlock the first special loading screen, which features a group of characters atop a grassy hill near the giant Durr Burger. Two appear to be posing for a photo while another looks at a map of Lazy Links, the new golf course area introduced in Season 5. You can see the loading screen for yourself below.
The clue on this screen can be found near the center of the golf course map, which features a large, umbrella-shaped mine housing a Battle Star icon. The mine can be found toward the western edge of Lazy Links, which itself is located in the northern portion of the island. Simply head to that area and you'll find the Battle Star waiting to be picked up.
Collecting the Battle Star will rank your Battle Pass up by one tier, making it an easy way to unlock additional rewards if you complete enough challenges. You can see a more detailed guide on where to find the Battle Star in the video above. However, be aware that you can only find the Battle Star if you complete the corresponding Road Trip challenge and unlock the loading screen; you can't simply go to the designated location and collect it if you haven't done the preceding steps.
Unlike previous seasons, Season 5 challenges are divided up into two categories. Free challenges are available to all Fortnite: Battle Royale players, while Battle Pass challenges can only be tackled by those who've purchased the Battle Pass. You can find tips on how to complete all of the new challenges in our complete Season 5 challenges roundup. For more on Fortnite, be sure to check out the rest of our Season 5 coverage below.
Fortnite Season 5 Coverage
- Fortnite Season 5 Is Live
- Fortnite Season 5 Patch Notes Include New Vehicle, Map Areas, Rifts
- Fortnite Season 5: All The Skins, Back Bling, Contrails, Gliders
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Every Reward
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, Free V-Bucks, And How It Works
- Fortnite Season 5 Update Adds Nintendo Switch Motion Controls
- Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass's Big Chase: The Level 100 Ragnarok Skin
- Fortnite Season 5 Adds Autofire On Mobile; Here Are The iOS Patch Notes
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Where To Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Where To Find Risky Reels Treasure Map
- Fortnite Offering $8 Million In Big Esports Event
- Fortnite Playground Mode Is Live; Here's What New And Different
- All Fortnite Birthday Cake Locations: Guide To Where To Dance For The Challenge
- New Fortnite Update Adds A Hilarious Tribute To The Map
- Fortnite Skins For Founder's Pack: Here's The Two Exclusive New Outfits
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: Follow Treasure Map In Flush Factory, Shoot Clay Pigeons
- Fortnite Challenge Guide: All Clay Pigeons Locations (Season 5, Week 3)
- Free Fortnite Battle Pass Tier Available By Completing Week 3 Road Trip Challenge
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com