Fortnite Guide: Where Are Chilly Gnomes Locations? (Week 6 Challenge, Season 7)
It's not a Gnoblin, it's not a Gnelf, it's a Gnome.
Fortnite challenges from time to time center around an element not core to the gameplay, and that's the case for Week 6 of Season 7. This time around, one of the free challenges that any player can attempt to complete asks you to search Chilly Gnomes, though there's no indication in-game of where they're located. Luckily, we've rounded up exactly where to find them.
You may remember a previous challenge where players were asked to seek out hungry gnomes, and this challenge plays out very similarly. The gnomes are pretty much what you imagine, little garden gnomes. To help you hone in on their locations, listen for the sound of shivering, which serves as an audio tell to let you know you're getting close. They're almost exclusively located in the snow, snow-covered southwestern corner of the map, as you can see below.
If you want to speed the whole process up and get it done lickity-split, you can follow our guide below. We've scoured the island and put together a map and list that'll direct you to the exact locations of the Chilly Gnomes. You can also watch the video above to see us complete the challenge, and follow our lead.
Fornite Chilly Gnome Locations
- Southwest of Tilted Towers: Around grid reference C6 in the top left of the quadrant
- West of Lucky Landing: Around grid reference E10, above the cliff
- Lucky Landing: Around grid reference E10, above the "U" in "Lucky Landing"
- Snobby Shores: Next to the Viking Ship amongst the icy rocks around grid reference B6
- Polar Peak: Next to the campfire facing the tower around grid reference C8
- Tilted Towers: In front of the RV just to the south of the area around grid reference D6
- Shifty Shafts: Locate the giant tree nestled in the rocky outcropping and you'll find the gnome nearby too
- Frosty Flights: To the south around grid reference B9. Find the crashed plane and drop through the hole nearby.
The rest of Week 6's challenges are fairly simple and generally focused on doing damage to enemies, visiting specific locations, or searching ammo boxes. Read our full Fortnite Season 7, Week 6 challenge list for more on those.
Still need more Battle Stars? If you have challenges from previous weeks left to do, we've got a comprehensive Fortnite Season 7 challenge guide that'll help you make light work of the hardest, most time consuming challenges of the season so far. That'll net you a few extra Battle Stars.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org