Fortnite Event Seems To Be Causing PSN Issues [Update]
PS4 players are reporting issues creating and joining parties.
Update: Fortnite Chapter 2 is now available on all platforms. The update brings a new map to the battle royale game among a variety of other features in what is effectively a rebranded version of Season 11.
- Fortnite Chapter 3 May Be Coming Next Month, Fan Theory Suggests
- What's In The Fortnite Item Shop Today - November 3, 2021: Minty Legends Pack And More
- Fortnite Sledgehammer Quests: How To Defeat Boss Cube Monster, Find Cube Monster Parts
- Fortnite Ember Punchcard Quests: Where To Find A Fireplace, Heal From A Campfire
- Fortnite Naruto Skin Inches Closer After Recent Leaks
- Fortnite November 2 Patch Adds A New Exotic Weapon
It appears PS4's PSN service is currently experiencing some issues. Players across social media are reporting they aren't able to access certain games and online features on PS4.
It's currently unclear how widespread these issues are. GameSpot unsuccessfully tried to join a party on PS4, and many players on Twitter are reporting similar issues. However, we were able to log into both Apex Legends and Borderlands 3, so these issues don't appear to be affecting all titles. Sony's PSN status page claims "all services are up and running." [Update: GameSpot has verified that PS4's party feature is once again working. We'll update this story with any further developments.]
The issues coincide with Fortnite's big "The End" event, which saw a black hole swallow up everything in the game. Since the event, players have not been able to join any new games of Fortnite, but they are still able to log in and watch the mysterious black hole, although those on PS4 appear to be having a much harder time logging in due to these issues.