Fortnite Awakening Challenge Hub: How To Unlock Special Marvel Emotes
Fortnite's Season 4 has some special costume-specific challenges.
Fortnite Chapter 2's Season 4 has a lot of content packed into its battle pass. Each Marvel skin, including Thor, She-Hulk, Mystique, Storm, Groot, Wolverine, and Iron Man, comes with a set of Awakening Challenges that unlock special emotes. Many of these unlockables come with Easter Eggs that give you special cosmetic abilities. They don't make you better at getting victory royales, but they're still cool.
You'll need to complete each challenge below while wearing the relevant skin. Be sure to take it easy on other players you find at the challenge locations; they're trying to do the same thing you are. Here is a breakdown of all the Fortnite Awakening Challenges for each of the Season 4 battle pass heroes.
Thor: Fortnite Thor Awakening Challenges
Thor unlocks as soon as you purchase the battle pass. He comes with an additional harvesting challenge that unlocks his legendary Mjolnir hammer as a harvesting tool. All you need to do is visit Mjolnir, located near Weeping Woods, while wearing the skin.
- Stage 1 of 3 - Visit Bifrost marks as Thor
- Stage 2 of 3 - Deal Damage to Opponents Using Mjolnir as Thor (100)
- Stage 3 of 3 - Emote as Thor at Mountain Top Ruins
Thor's challenges are fairly straightforward. First, you'll need to visit the Bifrost Marks located near the Sentinel Graveyard and Weeping Woods on the E5 tile on the map. After that you'll need to hit people with Mjolnir for 100 damage. Lastly, visit the mountaintop ruins on the snowy peak next to Misty Meadows. Emote and you'll unlock the God of Thunder emote.
She-Hulk: Fortnite She-Hulk Awakening Challenges
She-Hulk's Awakening Challenges unlock at level 29 and will earn you the Gamma Overload emote that transforms Jennifer Walters into She-Hulk.
- Stage 1 of 3 - Visit Jennifer Walters' office as Jennifer Walters
- Stage 2 of 3 - Eliminate Doctor Doom's henchmen as Jennifer Walters (3)
- Stage 3 of 3 - Emote as Jennifer Walters after smashing Vases
Jennifer Walters' office is located in Retail Row. It's distinguishable by the big sign out front. Once you do that you'll need to head to Doom's Domain and eliminate Doctor Doom henchman. Lastly you'll need to emote after smashing vases at Camp Cod.
Groot: Fortnite Groot Awakening Challenges
Groot's Awakening Challenges unlock when you reach level 46 on the battle pass. His emote Battle Brother brings out his best bud, Rocket.
- Rescue Sapling Groot from Holly Hedges Nursery
- Stage 1 of 2 - Plant a seed on a heart-shaped island as Groot
- Stage 2 of 2 - Emote as Groot at a Friendship monument
This challenge starts off with a Baby Groot rescue. You'll need to go to the Nursery at Holly Hedges and pick Baby Groot up, who is hiding between three plants. Next you'll need to head off the coast of the left hand side of the map and plant a seed on the heart shape island located in the A4 tile on the map. Lastly you need to emote at the friendship monument, the high-fiving Hay Man and Pipe Man statues, located west of Sweaty Sands and east of Fort Crumpet.
Storm: Fortnite Storm Awakening Challenges
Storm's Awakening Challenges unlock at level 60.
- Stage 1 of 3 - Visit the Weather Station as Storm
- Stage 2 of 3 - Ride the Steamy Stacks in the storm as Storm
- Stage 3 of 3 - Emote as Storm at the center of the eye of the storm
Storm's Awakening Challenges are more difficult than the other heroes. Head to the weather station south of Catty Corner to complete the first stage. After that you'll need to head to Steamy Stacks and use the steam there to glide through the storm. Lastly, players need to emote while standing on one of the robots in the Sentinel Graveyard in order to complete stage three. A prompt will show up when you're in the right location.
Doctor Doom: Fortnite Doctor Doom Awakening Challenges
Dr. Doom's Awakening Challenges unlock at level 74. His Victory Von Doom emote brings out a huge throne for him to sit in.
- Stage 1 of 3 - Visit Doctor Doom's statue as Doctor Doom
- Stage 2 of 3 - Visit a giant throne as Doctor Doom
- Stage 3 of 3 - Emote as Doctor Doom during a Victory Royale
Players will need to visit Doctor Doom's statue, located in the center of Doom's Domain, to start this series of challenges off. Once that's finished head over to the mountains to the east of Retail Row to visit a giant throne. Lastly, players need to emote as Doctor Doom after winning a match.
Mystique: Fortnite Mystique Awakening Challenges
Mystique's Awakening Challenges unlock at level 86. Her Shapeshifter emote lets players copy the skins of players they eliminate.
- Stage 1 of 3 - Use a Phone Booth as Mystique
- Stage 2 of 3 - Deal damage with different rarity pistols as Mystique (3)
- Stage 3 of 3 - Emote as Mystique after eliminating an opponent
Players will need to start these challenges by entering a phone booth as Mystique. There are ones in Doom's Domain, Catty Corner, and elsewhere on the map. Next players will need to do damage with three different colored pistols throughout different matches. Once players do that they'll need to eliminate someone and then take her new emote for a spin.
Iron Man: Fortnite Tony Stark Awakening Challenges
Iron Man is the last hero you'll unlock in the battle pass. His Awakening Challenges, and the Suit Up Emote, become available at level 100
- Stage 1 of 3 - Reach 88 on the speedometer in a Whiplash as Tony Stark
- Stage 2 of 3 - Use an Upgrade Bench as Tony Stark
- Stage 3 of 3 - Emote as Tony Stark in the Stark Workshop
Players will need to find the Whiplash sports car and speed up to 88 MPH while driving to complete the first challenge. After that they'll need to upgrade a weapon at one of the many Upgrade Benches scattered around the map. Lastly players will need to emote as Tony Stark in the Stark Workshop located east of The Authority right on the other side of the river.
- Fortnite Wolverine Guide: How To Defeat Wolverine At Weeping Woods (Week 6)
- How To Get Wolverine's Fortnite Skins
- Fortnite Stark Robot Guide: Learn How To Make A Stark Robot Dance (Week 5)
- Fortnite Coral Castle Ring Locations: Where To Find All Floating Rings (Week 5)
- Fortnite Gorger Locations: Where To Destroy Gorgers And Gatherers (Week 5 Guide)
- Epic's Fortnite Ban And Apple/Google Legal Battle, Explained
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.