Fortnite 18.10 Patch Fixes XP And Adds Chili Chug Splash
The first patch of Fortnite Season 8 has arrived.
Fortnite patch 18.10 is here, and its list of fixes is wide-ranging. Players seeking new tools, more XP, and a bit of lore will have their hands full with this season's first major update. The grind is gone, and the spiciest beverage on the island has just dropped. As for the new crater appearing at Steamy Stacks, your guess is as good as ours. Here's what new content you'll find in your travels across Apollo following the 18.10 update.
Chili Chug Splash
Epic has added a new healing item to the game in the form of the Chili Chug Splash. Think of it as the Chug Splash you already likely know, but now with a bit of extra zest. The Chili Chug Splash operates on a cooldown timer and provides area-of-effect healing to both health and shields to you and whoever else is in range. It makes for a great item to keep on hand in team-based modes. The added bonus of the Chili Chug Splash is that is also provides a speed boost, much like eating a pepper or spicy fish does.
The Chili Chug Splash replaces the standard Chug Splash in all defeated Living Loot Llamas, but you can reliably find them in The Brat's inventory too. He's the NPC at the food trucks north of Lazy Lake and will sell the Exotic-tier Chili Chug Splash in exchange for gold bars.
Hunter's Cloak Returns
Back in the crafting menu this season is also the Hunter's Cloak, which can be made by combining pieces of meat dropped by defeated wildlife. With the Hunter's Cloak, you can approach wildlife without turning them hostile, which is helpful whether you want to merely sneak by them or tame them and turn them into allied AI fighters.
Fans were crying out for a better XP system after the slow start to Season 8, and today's patch brings some much-needed improvements in that regard. Epic has added much more XP to daily quests and says all new and future character questlines will also feature more XP. Additionally, you'll also earn some XP for Party Quests, even if you've completed them before yourself. Previously these only awarded gold bars, though Epic says they still do that too.
Meanwhile, weekly XP punchcards were actually slightly reduced in their value in order to "lessen the setback of not completing them," says Epic. Alongside all of these improvements to XP, you know have more reason to earn it. The Season 8 Super Level Styles (or enlightened skins, as they're sometimes called) are now available for players who shoot past tier 140 in the Season 8 battle pass.
Toona Fish Styles
20 more character-inspired styles for Toona Fish have arrived in-game. Players can now dress up the cartoonish flopper in garb that resembles Mancake, Fishstick, and more. There's even one that's inspired by the mysterious "queen" character, who is this season's secret skin, so that style is still under wraps for now. We're actively seeking out these new styles and will add them to our color-coded Color Bottles map.
Steamy Stacks Crater
Head into Steamy Stacks starting today and you'll notice a massive hole has opened in the ground. Why? No one knows for sure yet, but since the titular power plant seems to run on cube energy, we reckon it has something to do with the strange events surrounding the cubes currently scattered across the island. What could they be planning? We're keeping a close eye on the region and will keep you updated as we learn more.
Remaining Fortnite 18.10 Patch Notes
- Slipstreams will disable at the final Storm circle in core playlists.
- Slipstreams will disable at phase 5 of the Storm in competitive playlists.
- Chug Cannons are no longer available from Loot Llamas. In the Chug Cannons’ place are the spicy Chili Chug Splashes.
- In competitive playlists, Sideways Anomalies will despawn earlier than they did previously.
- The Rail Gun has been removed from competitive playlists.
- Fixed an issue involving vehicles taking heavy damage when colliding with Mothership wreckage pieces.
- Fixed an issue involving Donation Boards displaying items in English even when another language was selected.
- Fixed an issue involving voice chat on Nintendo Switch not connecting to party chat after the player left and rejoined the party.
- Fortnite Snap Quests - Where To Find All Tover Tokens And Unlock All Cosmetics
- Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Map Changes
- Fortnite Miles Morales And Green Goblin Skins Teased On Chapter 3 Map
- How To Use Tents In Fortnite: Campsites Explained
- Fortnite Victory Crowns Explained: Why Some Players' Names Are In Gold
- All New Weapons And Items In Fortnite Chapter 3
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.