Football Manager 2016 Revealed Alongside Two New Mobile Games
Football Manager Touch and Football Manager Mobile designed to offer "streamlined" experiences.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Publisher Sega has announced Football Manager 2016, the latest entry in Sports Interactive's long-running management sim series.
This year's edition will be available from "mid-November" and will "comprise a suite of simulations designed to provide the perfect management experience for the widest possible audience."
Among Football Manager 2016's new additions is the Fantasy Draft mode and the Create-A-Club mode. There will also be the option to have a manager on the touchline. A more detailed list of key features, written by Sega, can be found below.
- New Game Modes: Take on your mates with ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode – which gives you the chance to build your own dream team and compete in a mini league – or add your own custom-built team to any existing league you choose with the new ‘Create-A-Club’ option.
- Manager on Touch-Line: Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.
- Improved Match Day Experience: More than 2,000 new animations make the Football Manager 2016 match engine the best ever. There’s also more control when planning set pieces and a new highlights package to keep you up-to-date with all the action from every league.
Sega is releasing two additional Football Manager games for mobile devices. Football Manager Touch--previously available as a quick play mode in older Football Manager games--will now be available standalone on Steam, as well as "high-end tablets."
Key features for Football Manager Touch 2016 can be found below.
- Cross-Save: All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 are 'cross-save compatible' with one another, so careers started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).
- Match Day Experience: Football Manager Touch 2016 offers enhanced tactical options, including set-piece planning and opposition instructions – all of which play out in the Football Manager 3D match engine.
- Create-A-Club Mode: Add your own club to the game using the 'Create-A-Club' option. Name your club, choose your colours and edit your squad to your heart’s content – even adding yourself and a friend.
Finally, Football Manager Handheld has been renamed Football Manager Mobile, a decision Sports Interactive boss Miles Jacobson said would provide different experiences to suit specific audiences.
"For some time now it’s been clear to us that there is no ‘one size fits all’ football management experience," said Jacobson. "While a huge number of our fans have the time and dedication required to devote themselves to the ‘full’ simulation, there’s an equally-large number who prefer a more streamlined option.
"Not only that, but the widespread availability of mobile devices means that people are playing in different ways. The introduction of Football Manager Touch as a standalone offering – playable across computer and tablet – means that we now offer something for everyone."
Key features for Football Manager Mobile 2016 can be found below.
- Enhanced Tactics: Take greater control of your squad with the introduction of new tactical instructions. You can choose where your team concentrates its passing, as well as selecting your main attacking threat and creative outlet – and even advise your goalkeeper on distribution.
- Coaching Staff: Prepare your squad for match days better than ever before with the addition of coaches, providing your team with focused training to prepare for their next big fixture.
- Management Style: The introduction of gold, silver and bronze coaching badges allows you to define your own management style. Will you concentrate on improving your defence or attack, or focus on morale and man management? Your decision will influence your team’s style.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com