First Invisible War patch available
New update addresses many gamers' complaints about the Deus Ex sequel.
Ion Storm has released the first patch for its controversial sci-fi shooter/RPG, Deus Ex: Invisible War. The update reworks many of the features which prompted complaints from many gamers. According to Ion Storm, headshots now cause the extra damage they should and non-hostile characters will no longer stand still while being shot, stabbed, beaten, and/or prodded.
Speaking of prods, the patch also increases the damage of the much-maligned stun prod. The patch also streamlines the previously obtrusive HUD display, fixes several graphics bugs, and shrinks the text size.
Obviously, the patches are not available to owners of the Xbox version of the game.
The complete list of fixes is below. As always, it is available for download below or on GameSpot's DLX.
- Defaulted Bloom to off when starting a new game.
- Adjusted mouse movement to eliminate feeling of "lagginess".
- Adjusted the HUD so that it is pushed toward the edges of the screen.
- Added option for turning all shadows off. This can massively improve performance, especially at higher resolutions.
- Shrunk all text sizes.
- Reworked mouse-based UI control within the inventory and biomod screens; right-clicking will now swap items in the inventory and toolbelt screen.
- Added buttons for installing weapon mods and biomods.
- The biomod/inventory/datavault hotkeys are now toggles (the same buttons will now both open and close these subscreens).
- Added quick save/quickload keys. (F10/F12)
- Non-hostile AI's will now go hostile much sooner if shot.
- Eliminated monitor resyncing during level transition and save game loads.
- Increased the headshot damage multiplier for the pistol.
- Increased the damage of the stun prod.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org