Firewatch PS4 Patch "Significantly Improves" Performance
Developer Campo Santo also working with Unity to continue improving the game.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Campo Santo, developer of Firewatch, has released a new update for the PS4 version of the game which it says "significantly improves the experience across many aspects of the game." In a blog post on the studio's official website, it details a few key tweaks, noting that the "full list of fixes is too big to write up." Take a look at them below.
The Outer Worlds Devs Show Us Some Hilarious Early Game Quests Fortnite Deletes Itself | The End Event Gameplay (With Black Hole) Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- October 13-19, 2019 Fortnite Chapter 2 Update Brings New Map, Battle Pass, & More - GS News Update Google Stadia Release Date Finally Revealed - GS News Update Pushing Overwatch On Switch To The Limit | Total Mayhem American Horror Story: The Best of Cody Fern New Analogue Pocket Plays GBA Games & More - GS News Update The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition For Switch Video Review League Of Legends Shooter, Fighter, Card Game, & More Announced - GS News Update Fortnite: Chapter 2 | All Upgrade Bench Locations So Far
- Draw distance and shadow render distance have been improved, which should remove significant texture popping.
- Streaming loading and unloading has been significantly adjusted with extra safeties so you should no longer see loading happen right in front of you.
- We got Unity to fix a very rare hang that could occur when loading and unloading scenes.
- Many instances of unstable framerate have been improved.
- Auto-saves are now far less frequent, as they were causing the worst framerate hitches we have been seeing.
- Several places where people were escaping the world or getting stuck in collision have been refined. Also, if you are stuck in an endlessly falling state, the game will attempt to put you back, either through loading the last save or respawning Henry aboveground.
- Various cases where you were able to interrupt or break your current quest have been safeguarded.
Continuing, it said it will continue to support Firewatch, and is currently working with Unity on improving the game by making use of upcoming tweaks to the game development engine.
It is also working on adding subtitles for other languages to the PS4 version, but doesn't have a specific time frame for when these updates will be available.
In GameSpot's review Scott Butterworth said "it's a shame Firewatch fails as a mystery because it succeeds in so many other ways."
He continued: "Its world is captivating, its design is clever, and its characters are among the most well-written in gaming. Though it might sound counterintuitive, the plot is in many ways secondary to the relationship you build between Henry and Delilah, and that portion of the game is truly inspired."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org